EXECUTIVE COUNCIL MEETS IN TAMPA
DECEMBER 5-6, 2019, AT THE SHIMBERG HEALTH SCIENCES LIBRARY
Dr. Berthamae Walker
ACURIL President 2019=2020
Mrs. Dorcas Bowler
ACURIL 2020 BAHAMAS Conference Coordinator
Dr. Anne Pajard
ACURIL Vice President/ President Elect 2019-2020
The Shimberg Health Sciences Library, at the University of South Florida, in Tampa, will be the Meeting Site.
The Shimberg Health Sciences Library, at the University of South Florida, in Tampa, will be the site of the Executive Council Mid-Year meeting, December 5-6, 2019.
The agenda will cover:
- administrative matters, the 2020 conference theme and program activities by ACURIL president Dr. Berthamae Walker (University of the Bahamas Libraries);
- presentation of the ACURIL 2020 arrangements for the event in Nassau, by Mrs. Dorcas Bowler, Conference Coordinator (National Library and Information Services of Bahamas);
- final report of the Aruba 2019 Conference submitted by its Coordinator, Mrs. Astrid Britten (Biblioteca Nacional Aruba);
- and preliminary details of ACURIL 2021 conference theme to be held in Jamaica, presented by Vice-President/President Elect, Dr. Anne Pajard (Service Commun de la Documentation, Université de Antilles -Martinique).
EXECUTIVE COUNCIL MEMBERS TO BE PRESENT
Executive Council Board members to be present are:
- Berthamae Walker (President-University of the Bahamas Libraries),
- Anne Pajard (Vice-President- (Service Commun de la Documentation, Université des Antilles (Martinique),
- Monique Alberts (Immediate Past President- Mongui Maduro Collection, Maduro Foundation, Curaçao),
- Luisa Vigo-Cepeda (Executive Secretary-Graduate School of Information Sciences and Technologies, University of Puerto Rico)
- Almaluces Figueroa-Ortiz (Treasurer- Caribbean Regional Library and Latin American Studies, University of Puerto Rico);
- Dr. Ardis Hanson (Parlamentarian-Personal member)
Institutional members representatives:
- Cheryl Peltier-Davis (Alma Jordan Library, UWI-Trinidad & Tobago),
- David A. Drysdale (Calvin McKain Library, University of Technology, Jamaica) ;
- Dulce María Núñez de Taveras (Library and Information Services Program, Pontificia Universidad Católica Madre y Maestra, Dominican Republic) ;
- Erick Toussaint (Fondation Connoisance et Liberté Libraries-FOKAL);
- Nitzah Jacobus (National Library of Curaçao Dr. Frank Martinus Arion).
Association members representatives:
- Jeannette Lebrón-Ramos (ACURIL Puerto Rico Chapter),
- Nicholas Graham (The Library and Information Association of Jamaica -LIAJA-).
Personal members representatives:
- Gretchen Carrasquillo-Ramos
- Luis Crespo (Puerto Rico).
AMONG Invited Guests expected to attend
- Mrs. Astrid Britten (Biblioteca Nacional Aruba),
- Mrs. Dorcas Bowler (Bahamas National Library and Information Services)
- Ms. Kumaree Ramtahal (Alma Jordan Library UWI, Trinidad & Tobago),
- Prof. Carmen Santos-Corrada (Conrado F. Asenjo Library, UPR Medical Sciences Campus, Puerto Rico),
- Dr. Elizabeth Pierre-Louis (FOKAL-Haiti),
- Mr. Mario Torres-Ramos (University of Puerto Rico, RPCampus).