Securing the Crime Scene
Steps to secure crime scene
1. Establish the boundaries of the crime scene
2. Put police barriers or tape to enclose the scene
3. Remove unnecesary people from the scene, but keep any witnesses and record names
4. Write down conditions and evidence
5. After it had been thoroughly searched, then you may leave the scene
Expectations to work in this field:
How it is used to solve cases:
JonBenet Ramsey Case
Editor, EHow Careers & Work. "How to Secure a Crime Scene." EHow. Demand Media, 13 Aug. 2007. Web. 30 Jan. 2013.
"Free Newsletter." Protecting the Crime Scene. N.p., n.d. Web. 30 Jan. 2013.
"Lessons From the JonBenet Ramsey Case." Crime-Scene Investigation and Evidence Collection. N.p., n.d. Web. 30 Jan. 2013. <http://www.cengagesites.com/academic/assets/sites/4827/bertino_chapter2.pdf>.