The Latest & Greatest
New Writing Partnership Menus in Eduphoria!
First Grade Writing Workshop Partnership menus with question stems have been added to Eduphoria. You can locate the new menus in Eduphoria- ELA Resources-Small Group/Conferring Resources-Conferring Resources-Writing Partnership Menus.
What Can I Work On as a Reader? A Self Reflection Tool for Finding Goals
Check out this new resource from Jennifer Serravallo designed to be used with students as teacher work to find and establish goals for students. Teachers can involve students in the goal-setting process by offering them the opportunity to identify with statements that align to different goals from the “Hierarchy of Possible Goals” on page 3 of The Reading Strategies Book (Serravallo 2015).
September 30th - Beginning of Year Reading Assessments Due in Eduphoria.
You will report a student's instructional reading level in Aware.
- To assist with getting kids on STEMscopes at home a parent letter has been created that teachers can use as a template: Parent Letter Template
- Students need to be assigned activities in STEMscopes in order to have access to information at home. If you need help setting up your classrooms in STEMscopes Laura Lee and Jamie would be happy to meet with grade level teams. Please let me know and I can set this up for your team.
Kindergarten is introducing, learning, and utilizing problem solving strategies.
First Grade-Fifth Grade will be using Math Problem Solving Rubric alongside an Exemplar problem and daily problem solving journal.
Who will be taking ESTAR this Fall?
We will have a soft roll-out of ESTAR for the fall administration we will have one classroom in each of the grade levels participate in the ESTAR (one 2nd grade classroom-Ms Sink, one 3rd grade classroom-Ms Forbis, and one 4th grade classroom-Mrs. Durst). All 2nd-5th grade math classrooms will be taking the winter and spring administrations of ESTAR/MSTAR.
Who will be taking MSTAR this Fall?
5th grade math classrooms
What is there to do before ESTAR/MSTAR administration?
Schedule computer lab time before the window closes.
- Fall: Now–October 14, 2016
- Winter: January 9, 2017–February 10, 2017
- Spring: April 3, 2017–May 5, 2017
- 9/19-9/23 College Week
- 9/23 Run for the Gold Kick Off
- 9/26 Spring Creek Spirit Night
- 9/27 - Kindergarten, First, and Second Grade Curriculum Night 5:30-6:30 p.m.
- 9/27 - Third, Fourth, and Fifth Grade Curriculum Night 6:45-7:45 p.m.
- 9/30-BOY Reading Assessments Due in Eduphoria.