What is a Storybook Pumpkin?
Martin Library is growing a storybook pumpkin patch, and we need your
help! Decorate a pumpkin to look like one of your favorite book characters, and
bring it to the library to plant in our Storybook Pumpkin Patch!
***No Carved or Cut Pumpkins Will Be Accepted***
· Think of your favorite book and design your pumpkin based on your favorite character from that book.
· Purchase a pumpkin that is no larger in size than a basketball.
· Gather your decorating supplies. Acrylic paints or permanent markerswork best. Watercolors tend to run, and spray paint will gradually dissolvethe pumpkin. Other options include adding materials such as yarn,buttons, wiggly eyes, etc.
· Decorate your pumpkin without carving, cutting, or poking holes in it. Carved pumpkins will not be accepted.
· Click here to print out the entry form https://docs.google.com/document/d/16_MXTyBvE3FUFx6Ayqw5YoHDXuxoDfjO_nHl8A1M2Oo/edit?usp=sharing All entries must have the entry form.
· Bring your pumpkin and entry page to the library on Monday, October 26th from 7:30-3:30.
· Pumpkins are to be taken home at the end of school on Friday,November 6th. If your child needs assistance getting it home please makearrangements to do this. All pumpkins that are left behind will be disposedof by 4:00 that afternoon.
· Participation is completely voluntary. This is not a contest.
· Have fun and be creative!