EXclusive! Teacher spills all!
Mrs. Harris spills the beans on teaching! ~By: Ashley Harris
About Mrs. Dana Harris
Characteristics of her classroom and daily routines
Mrs. Harris is a Computer Programming, Introduction to Engineering Design, and Architectural Design teacher.
What does her classroom look like?
- Colorful posters
- Students work is posted on the wall
- Motivational posters
- City scape
- ping pong table
- green rugs
Mrs. Harris works 40-45 hours a week.
What management techniques does she use?
- Mrs. Harris uses partners to check roll.
- Mrs. Harris allowed small talk for brainstorming.
- Mrs. Harris gave students 10 minutes for the structure to be built.
- Mrs. Harris was enthusiastic and kept things moving
- Mrs. Harris gave helpful hints to students
- Mrs. Harris gave prizes to those who had the highest tower.
Keeping the students involved.
On a score from 1-10 how much self motivation do you need?
About an 8.