Girl Scout Troop 363
Meetings every Wednesday @ Hilltop Methodist Church 6-7 PM
Whole Troop News
- Next Meeting: February 17
- This week's meeting will be provide First Aid information for all the girls! Please be on time as there is a LOT of information to cover this week!
- Cookies will be delivered February 27th. Please plan on picking them up at my house (14013 S. Timber Ridge Dr., Draper) sometime that afternoon. When I get confirmation on the time I can pick them up from the warehouse, I will set a time you can come to pick up your scout's order. (This probably won't be until a few days before the 27th.)
- Parents - please make sure to sign your scout in and out every night - this helps us know who has done what activities, and to know who is there should something happen. Just a quick initial is all we need! Thank you!
Signing Up For Booth Sales
1. Girls will get a percent of each cookie booth she works. These will add to the cookies she has already taken orders for.
2. We also need adults to sign up - without adults, girls can't sell! We are asking for 3 adults for the safety and security of our scouts. At a busy booth sale, we want 2 adults present, even if one of them is taking girls for a break.
3. We cannot allow any siblings, friends, cousins, or other people to be at our booth sales. This is because they are not covered under our insurance. They can also serve as a distraction from taking care of the business at hand.
4. Please sign up your scout for only the time they can handle. I have divided all of the sign-ups into 1 hour slots. This may be all a Daisy can handle. The older the girl, maybe she can do more. Make sure you sign up for each hour you plan on having your scout and yourself at the booths. For example, to be at a booth on a Friday night from 4 to 8, you will actually have 4 separate sign-ups for your scout and 4 more for you.
5. We count on you to be there! If you don't show up for a time you have signed up, we may not get to conduct our booth. If we don't have a minimum of 2 adults and 3 scouts, we cannot set up our booth.
6. Booth sales are VERY important for our troop! If we don't sell all of the boxes of cookies we order, we are still financially responsible. This takes away the money we would otherwise have for learning and fun activities for our girls.
7. I have divided the booth sign ups into each of the 3 weekends. (Mostly because sign-up genius wouldn't let me do them all together.) Please make sure to sign up for all 3 weekends (as much as possible).
8. If you have any trouble, let me know and I can enter the sign up for you!
2015- 2016 Daisy Schedule
Feb. 3, 2016 Learn About Dolphins and Whales
Feb. 10, 2016 World Thinking Day (Whole Group)
Feb. 17, 2016 First Aid Training for Girls (Whole Group)
Feb. 24, 2016 Learn about Cheetahs
WHOLE GROUP: COOKIES DELIVERED FEB. 27th.
Marcy 2, 2016 Bling Our Booth (Whole Group)
March 9, 2016 Bling Our Booth (Whole Group)
WHOLE GROUP: BOOTH SALES BEGIN FOR THE NEXT THREE WEEKS
March 16, 2016 Learn about St. Patrick’s Day
March 23, 2016 Learn About Easter
WHOLE GROUP: COOKIE MONEY DUE MARCH 28TH.
March 30, 2016 Learn about Peacocks and other flightless birds
April, 6, 2016 Start Sewing Project (Apron)—Girls Must Attend these two weeks to participate or parent will have to arrange to do the part girl missed on their own.
April 13, 2016 Complete Sewing Project (Apron)
WHOLE GROUP: TRIP TO PLANETARIUM via Train Scheduled for Saturday afternoon April 16, 2016.
April 20, 2016 Cooking (In our New Aprons!)
April 27, 2016 OPEN
May 4, 2016 Mother’s Day Gift
May 11, 2016 Plant Flowers at the Church (Scouts starts at 5 p.m. this day)
WHOLE GROUP: FAMILY CAMP OUT May 13 and 14 (location to get determined and each family camps on own)
May 18, 2016 OPEN
May 25, 2016 Last day of Scouts Celebration
June 4, 2016 Seven Peaks Water Park Celebration for Girls who Sell Enough Cookies
This past weekend we also worked on an ENTIRE Junior Journey! We have almost completely earned the Get Moving! Journey badges (there are 3). The girls decided as a final project to create magnets we can give away. These magnets have 1 tip from each of the girls on how to save energy. They came up with the original idea, with only a few suggestions and a little guidance from the leaders. In fact, I had something COMPLETELY different in mind. But, as the girls get older the idea is to let them grow into leaders. They do this by guiding their own activities. This was the case here - we let them brainstorm and come up with a bunch of thoughts and ideas and then decide which one they wanted to do. When they finish this project, they will have earned the whole journey. This is quite an accomplishment and we are all proud of them! If you haven't already seen them, be sure to check out the pictures on Facebook!
I consider myself very lucky to be working with such an AMAZING group of young ladies. Thank you for your support and encouragement.
And a SPECIAL "Thank You" to Michelle and Dorothy for working on this journey with us - I could NOT have done it without them! You guys ROCK!!!
One Girl Scout can make a difference, but together we can ROCK the world!
- Sign up for snacks here: Troop Snack Sign-Up
- Dues are due on the 5th of every month (you can also pay quarterly or yearly!). You can pay these directly to Grace (cell phone 801 699 0550 or email firstname.lastname@example.org), or if you would like to pay via PayPal please use "send money to a friend" at email@example.com
- If your scout misses a meeting, read this newsletter to find out what she can do to make up the activities at home and still earn her badges!
- If you have any favorite songs or games you would like to share with our girls, just let us know and we would be happy to have you lead it!