CSA Lincoln Newsletter
Principal's Notes and Highlights
I have several important updates to share with you about our 50th Anniversary Celebration next week, but the most exciting news we learned this morning was that Mr. Shipley and Miss Sparks got engaged last night! Both are a HUGE part of our Husky family and we are thrilled for them!
We are inching closer to our big day next Thursday! I hope that you will plan to attend and join the fun. From 12-1pm we will have Lincoln memorabilia, student projects, student-led tours, information about the Linden Project (including VR goggles of the playground design) and refreshments. The formal event will start at 1:00 p.m. Students will be presenting Dr. Jennifer McCormick, State Superintendent of Public Instruction, with items to be placed in our time capsule. Everyone will be singing the school fight song and Josh Burnett will be capturing the event on film for us! We will also get to hear from BCSC Superintendent Dr. Roberts, our playground architect, Mary Ferdon from the Mayor's Office will make a proclamation that it is CSA Lincoln Day and I'll share some of our school's history. We will end with a ceremonial playground groundbreaking. Whew...
50th Celebration Notes
- 5th Street will be closed between Pearl St. and Chestnut St. between 8-4 p.m. for the event. This will not impact morning arrival. It will have a minimal impact on our after school car/bus dismissal. Both the buses (they will go first) and cars will use the car line (see directions here) and MUST turn EAST onto 5th Street to depart.
- Mrs. Cash is back! Mrs. Roberts' class shared this fun video at Town Hall Meeting this morning. We all missed her and are glad she "feels good"! :)
- School Fundraiser Update: We are over halfway to our goal of raising $6,000 with a total of $3,074.43 thus far. We had a really big day with $2,164.12 turned in today! Those popsicles must have been a big hit. We have been updating students with totals on a daily basis. Both 5th grade classes achieved their class goal of $500 today!
- School Pictures are headed home today in your student's backpacks.
- Does your student excel at spelling? If they are in 4th-6th grade please get in touch with Spell Bowl coach Laura Burbrink (firstname.lastname@example.org) to sign your student up! We want to field a great team for the competition!
- Walk to School Day will be Friday, September 29th. We will meet at the Mill Race Parking lot and will depart from there at 7:30 a.m. I will be there by 7:00 a.m. for those needing to drop off. I will share a map and more details next week. Of course we welcome our families to walk with us. We usually take a group photo on the front steps of the library, but we will definitely use the Exhibit Columbus installation this year!
Have a great weekend!
Husky Gram Winners
Perfect Attendance Contest
When: September 18th- December 15th
What: Perfect Attendance means 100% of the time the student is present. This means no appointment, no tardies, and no early dismissals.
*Students with perfect attendance will be eligible to receive a special prize.
Book Fair will be September 25th-28th
Book Fair Open from-
- Mon-Wed: 8-4:30
- Thurs: 8-2:00
BCSF - Harlem Wizards Information
Are you ready to have some fun with the Harlem Wizards, WNBA's Tamika Catchings, Dr. Roberts and the BCSF "Stars" team made up of BCSC administrators, teachers and special guests, including Mr. Findley. The fun begins at Columbus North Memorial Gym, located at 1400 25th Street Sun - Nov 5, 2017 - 2:00pm - 4:00pm - Doors open at 1:00 pm. The evening promises to be a fun filled event that is great for kids and adults and guarantees to put a smile on your face! This event is hosted by The Bartholomew Consolidated School Foundation ( BCSF). At a Wizards’ game, fans will witness amazing basketball talent combined with hilarious comedy. It’s two hours of family time where parents, grandparents, and kids can all laugh together. When you’re in the stands, you’re more than a spectator; you’re part of the show with loads of audience participation. The experience can only be summed up in two words: Awe-Inspiring!
Get your tickets online today https://harlemwizards.thundertix.com/events/109317 or in person at the BCSC Administration Building or Viewpoint Books - 548 Washington St., Columbus.
Thank you to Heritage Automotive Sales in Columbus and Hotel Indigo for their sponsorship for this BCSF community event to support our BCSC teachers and students!
CSA Lincoln on Instagram/Facebook/Twitter
Facebook: CSA Lincoln Community
WHAT IF WE NEEDED YOU TO KNOW...
WHAT IF there was an EMERGENCY? WHAT IF we needed to GET INFORMATION TO YOU? This is a QUICK and EASY way to communicate needed information TO YOU!
Click here to join the CSA Lincoln group.
Click here for directions on how to receive text message updates from Mr. Findley