Anderson Weekly News! 5/1/23
What's your Superpower? Creativity!
Dates to Remember
- Wed. May 3rd -Beginning Orchestra Concert at Norris Cultural Arts Center 6:00
- Wed. May 3rd - 4th and 5th Grade Orchestra Concert at Norris Cultural Arts Center 7:30
- Thurs. May 4th - Author Visit (Keir Graff) for 4th and 5th graders
- Thurs. May 4th PTO Meeting at NEW TIME 6:00!
- Fri. May 5th - Teacher Appreciation Day
- Fri. May 5th - Public Library visit
- Friday May 5th - D303 Choir performance at Norton Creek 6:00 - 7:00
- Sat. May 6th - PTO Dine Out Fundraiser - Salsa Verde
- Tues/ & Wed May 9th and 10th - Orchestra Informational Meeting for 2nd grade families
- Wed. May 10th - 5th grade classes- Wredling Visit
- Thurs May 18th Meet the Band Instruments Event FOR 4TH GRADE STUDENTS ONLY
- Friday May 19th - Family Picnic Day! (See info below for your child's lunch time)
- Sat. May 20th - Run Club 5 K Event 8:00 am start time
- Tues. May 23rd Talent Show 6:00 pm
- Thurs. May 25th Power AMP/ Field Day 8:00 - 3:00
- Fri. May 26th 5th Grade Hero Ceremony (with Parents) 8:30 - 10:00
- Fri. May 26th - 5th Grade River Bend Picnic
- Fri. May 26th - LAST DAY OF SCHOOL
PARENTS WITH RETURNING STUDENTS; DON'T FORGET TO COMPLETE ONLINE REGISTRATION
iReady Year End Growth! Coming Soon!
Anderson students will be completing their iReady Diagnostic Assessments for Reading and Math starting on Tuesday May 2nd and should finish this week. (Make ups will take place next week) Again, we appreciate help from parents to make sure our students arrive on time, are well rested, and have charged Chromebook for testing. We can't wait to see how much our students have growth this year! Click here to read the informational letter from District 303.
AUTHOR Keir Graff Visit for 4th and 5th graders May 4th
RECAP OF SPIRIT WEEK
Spirt week was a great week with so much school spirit with the daily themes. And what a great job from our Anderson families and Staff to raise $1,025.10 for the Anderson animal shelter from the "Teacher's Pet" Competition (and also pet food and items donations). If you haven't heard, Mrs. Gourioits's pet dog, Rocky was the winner.
Tues. May 9th/ Wed. May 10th informational Orchestra meeting -2nd grade parents
ORCHESTA RECRUITMENT FOR 2ND GRADERS (GOING INTO 3RD GRADE)
Calling all 2nd grade musicians!
Over the next few weeks, every current 2nd grader will get the chance to hear a performance by members of our school orchestra AND try each of the instruments offered in our orchestra program: Violin, Viola, Cello, and Bass. Nearly 1,000 children across D303 elementary schools are involved in our elementary orchestra program!
If your child is interested in joining us, please mark your calendar for our NEW Orchestra Parent Information meeting! At the virtual meeting, you will meet your orchestra director, learn details about the program, how to register, and how to rent an instrument. Each meeting will present the same information, so please join us when you can. We look forward to meeting with you. Please join us for one of these meetings:
New Orchestra Parent Information Meeting
Tuesday, May 9th 6:00pm
Wednesday, May 10th 6:00pm
Watch your email for a zoom link in early May.
Anderson Family Picnic! Friday, May 19th
You are all invited to come to Anderson for our Family Picnic on Friday May 19th. As you can see below each grade level will be eating outside at a different time. Students can bring a lunch from home, order from the school cafeteria, or eat the picnic lunch you bring them.
Families are encouraged to bring a blanket, (camping chairs if you prefer) and what ever food you need to enjoy a picnic with your child. Students are able to eat with their friend's families and teachers.
When you arrive at school for the picnic, please check in at the Welcome Table around the back of the school to sign in and get a visitor sticker.
- 4th and 5th Grade 10:55-11:35
- Kindergarten and 1st Grade: 11:35-12:15
- 2nd and 3rd Grade: 1215-12:55
D303 Summer Camps!
Parents, please visit the Summer School & Camp page at D303.org to see all of the summer offerings available for all ages at all D303 schools: Band, Orchestra, Firefly, TigerCub, Athletic & Swim Lessons. (Please note that the high schools & middle schools offer classes for younger grades).
TALENT SHOW REHERSALS & TALENT SHOW REMINDERS:
Those participating in the Talent Show will have practice as follows:
- Tuesday May 2nd 3-4pm-Practice for Chorus/Extra Practice
- Tuesday May 9- 3-4pm Practice Chorus/Extra Practice
- Tuesday May 16, 3-4pm-Practice for Chorus/Extra Practice
- Thursday May 18th 3-430pm-Full Rehearsal (Run Club members can miss)
- Monday May 22nd 3-430pm-Full Rehearsal
- Tuesday May 23 6-730pm (Be there at 530)
THE TALENT SHOW WILL BE ON MAY 23rd AT 6:30 IN THE GYM (Those in the talent show need to arrive at 5:30pm).
FROM THE NURSES OFFICE . . . . .
KINDERGARTEN & 2ND GRADE PARENTS - DON'T FORGET TO TURN IN YOUR CHILD'S DENTAL FORM!
The State of Illinois requires that all students in Kindergarten and 2nd Grade submit a current Dental Exam form to the school Health Office by May 15th. These examinations must be completed within 18 months of this date. If your child has had a dental exam within this time period, please contact your dentist to request a school dental exam form to submit to the nurse. Thank you!
As a reminder, the following health forms are also required for school attendance. Forms can be accessed on the D303 website or through the links below:
Dental Exam (due by May 15th)
Dental Exam (due by May 15th)
Updated Health Survey (due on first day of school)
Anne McCann, MA, RN, IL PEL-CSN
Certified School Nurse
If you are interested in this dance camp, please know that there may be reduced or no cost if your family qualifies for Free/Reduced Lunch.
INFO FROM D303!
For more information on the SEPAC, click on the graphic above.