Enviros Wilderness School
A great place to find exactly what you're looking for.
To actualize the mission, Enviros strives to:
- Ensure children, youth, adults and families are safe and healthy
- Assist children, youth, adults and families to build on their strengths and successes
- Enable children, youth, adults and families to become increasingly independent
- Continuously improve on outcomes
Enviros’ Residential and Community programs include a broad spectrum of services that provide support for the following:
- Addiction and Mental Health issues
- Emotional/Behavioural issues
- Community Connections and Community Reintegration
- Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD)
- Developmental Issues
- Child/Youth/Adult Stabilization
- Family Support/Reunification
- Youth Justice Support
Enviros is also well-known for its Experiential Therapeutic Programming (Urban and Wilderness), which is incorporated into all aspects of programming.
The Main Focus
The Full Experience
How to Apply
Base Camp is accessed through Alberta Health Services, specifically through the Youth Addiction Services (YAS) program in Calgary. Young people can access outpatient counsellors in their community, who will make a referral to YAS for "Wilderness Residential Treatment" (aka, Base Camp). All youth ages 12-17 who reside in the province of Alberta will qualify for this program.
Youth Addiction Services Calgary 403-297-4664
Youth Addiction Services Edmonton 780-422-7383
Services Provided by Youth Addiction Services (YAS)
Youth Addictions Services Calgary can be reached from 830 - 1630 Monday - Friday for all of your needs.
YAS also provides Voluntary Detoxification and Stability Program which is a 10 day, 6 bed program for youth ages 12-17. This program focuses on safe withdrawal management and the establishment of healthy eating and sleeping patterns.
Parent Services Include
-Addiction Help Line 1-866-332-2322
-Prevention and Education Services
-Parent Support Group
-Parent Skill Shop
-Parent and Family Counselling