Liberty High School News
Greetings Liberty High School Family!
We are so glad to have our students back in our building this week learning face to face. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we transitioned to virtual learning last week.
In this newsletter you will see some of the changes we have made to our COVID protocols to help insure that we remain face to face as much as possible this school year. Also, in the midst of virtual learning, our school went through a transition within our leadership and we are excited to introduce some new faces to our school leadership team!
Please know that we are grateful that you have entrusted us with educating your children and we look forward to having a very successful semester and school year despite some of the obstacles we may face.
Have a great week and Go Red Devils!
Josh Oxendine, Principal
Things to Know
Covid Updates and Protocols at LHS
In an effort to keep our students at Liberty High School as safe as possible and to minimize possible exposure to COVID-19, please see below some of the changes we have made as we return from virtual learning:
- All classrooms are now spaced at 3+ft for social distancing.
- Masks are now "strongly encouraged" when indoors on our campus. Masks are available for any students who would like one at the entrances each morning.
- Lunch will be in 3rd period classrooms until further notice. Although we want our students eating in the cafeteria as much as possible, in an effort to reduce exposure, students will remain in 4 cohorts (classes) without mixing in the cafeteria with others.
- Afternoon dismissal will be staggered starting with student driver dismissal at 3:10PM. Car riders and bus riders will be dismissed at 3:15PM
- The changes, in addition to our daily cleaning and sanitation, will hopefully allow us to remain face to face for the remainder of the school year.
We will continue to monitor and adjust in order to remain as efficient as possible over the next few weeks. Thank you for your flexibility!
New Additions to LHS School Leadership
Liberty High School would like to congratulate Mrs. Amanda Thompson and Mrs. CJ Kowalski for being promoted to Assistant Principals! Starting this week, Mrs. Thompson and Mrs. Kowalski will be part of the leadership team here at Liberty High. Both ladies have been members of the LHS Family for many years and their growth into leadership roles will be a valuable change for the students at LHS.
Thompson - responsible for students last names A-K
Kowalski - responsible for students last names L-Z
We encourage all families to complete this Free and Reduced Lunch Application Form.
How to Check Out Library Books
Follow this link to access the library catalog.
Log in with your school username and password. Catalog can also be accessed through the Destiny Discover app in Launchpad.
You can explore all books available within the library. Once you've chosen the book you want to check out, click "HOLD" next to the title. The book will be delivered to your first period class within 2 days. Books are checked out for two weeks at a time and can be renewed by going to "CHECKOUTS" under the main menu tab in Destiny Discover. Select "RENEW" under each book you would like to renew. Books can be returned to the drop box outside of the library when finished.
eBooks are also available and can be checked out and read immediately on your Chromebook. Select the eBook you wish to read and click "CHECKOUT" and "OPEN" and read right away! These books will automatically return after 2 weeks.
If you have any questions, message Amalie Turner on Schoology