Nov. 30- Dec. 4
This Week's News
We hope you had a restful and blessed Thanksgiving Break! Mrs. Christie and I are grateful for you and your child!
The next 3 weeks will be super busy as the second nine weeks comes to an end. Please make sure that your child at school on time (before 8:00 am) each day. We will be wrapping up several standards!
Book It!- November Book It forms are due. I'm sending home December Book It forms today!
Bake Sale- Last month I was able to buy a magformer set (ask your kid what it is) for our classroom with our class bake sale money!
Dates to Remember
This Week's Learning Goals
Sight Words: two, good, at
CAFE/ELA- 2nd 9 weeks learning goals
- Spoken words are represented by a sequence of letters
- Identifying and producing rhyming words
- Blending sounds to read words
- Asking and answering questions and retelling
- Engaging in group activities
- Writing one sentence to produce an opinion piece
Math: 2nd 9 weeks learning goals
- Counting to 60
- Skip counting by 10's to 50
- Counting forward starting with a number other than 1
- Answering how many question (#0-20)
- Comparing written numbers using more than, less than, equal to (#0-10)
- Comparing objects using more than, less than, equal to (0-20)
- Composing and decomposing numbers 11-19 into tens and ones
Social Studies/Science/Health Unit: Winter Holidays Around the World
Congratulations to the following Leaping Frogs for making a 100% on reading sight words, letter sounds, spelling CVC words, and blending CVC words!
These Leaping Frogs made a 100% on their sight word spelling test!
This student earned her 3rd Sight Word Super Star for reading 30 sight words!