WGHS Class of 2022
Everything You Need to Know about Your Senior Year
Class of 2022 Graduation: May 24, 2022, 6:30 p.m., Chaifetz Auditorium
Senior Portrait Update
By now parents should have received the link to view your senior pictures. If not, we suggest you check your spam folder. If you still don't have them, please click this link, enter your email address, and it will be sent to you again: https://inter-state.com/myordercode.
After entering your information, you will receive a message that an email has been sent to the address specified with information to access your order codes. If you have any questions please contact Inter-State Studios at 314-878-1800.
How to Have a Great Senior Year:
1. Fulfill all senior obligations.
Regular class work continues in all classes for the members of the Class of 2022 through 10:13 a.m. on Friday, May 6. The last weeks of the school term are crucial for seniors. Each senior must be certain that all required work such as class assignments, special reports, projects, and tests are turned in/completed by Friday, May 6. Senior exams will begin on May 3.
All financial obligations must be paid by May 6. This includes the return of all textbooks, library books, classroom fees, sports uniforms/activity fees, and equipment. A diploma will not be issued until all financial obligations are met.
NO DIPLOMA WILL BE ISSUED IF ALL OF YOUR OBLIGATIONS ARE NOT MET!
2. Pay for your cap and gown.
3. Order Your Yearbook.
Pre-order your Webster Groves High School yearbook! Deadline for $60 early bird pricing is October 8! Use order number 8459.
- December 17: Last Day for $65 Pricing
- January 28: Last Day for Guaranteed Pre-Order
6. Order Graduation Photos
We will continue to update this newsletter as the year progresses. Shortly before May, we will send out information on how to order graduation photos.
7. Keep up with important senior dates.*
Senior activities are coordinated through the Activities Office. Please call Kim Edwards at 918-4176 if you have any questions or concerns. Also, please note that all dates are subject to change or cancellation due to COVID-19 district, county, and state guidelines.
October 6, MOACAC College Fair
October 23, ACT
November 4, Senior Panoramic Class Picture
November 6, SAT
December 4, SAT
December 11, ACT
February 5, ACT
February 8, College and Career Night, WGHS
February 16, Distribute Senior Packets, 2nd hour
April 9, ACT
April 15, Top Hat Awards, 7:15 a.m.
April 22, Prom at Union Station
April 28, Senior Awards Night, 7:00 p.m.
May 3-6, Senior Finals
May 6, Last Day for Seniors; Senior Check-out begins at 10:20 a.m.
May 24, Graduation, Chafeitz Auditorium, 6:30 p.m.
May 24, All-night Party
*All dates subject to change due to COVID-19.
9. Follow the college/career planning checklist.
- Begin completing applications for admission (most students apply to 3-7 schools).
- Ask teachers and your counselor for a letter of recommendation, if applicable.
- Request your transcripts through Naviance. Don’t forget to request your official test scores from ACT or SAT.
- Keep a spreadsheet or calendar to organize your applications and due dates.
- Submit the FAFSA as quickly as possible (opens October 1) in order to be eligible for the most financial aid.
- December—Apply for local scholarships (Counseling Office will send more information).
- Continue to work hard on your studies. Your high school courses continue to count throughout your senior year.
- Give all Mid-Year report forms to your counselor, if applicable.
- Submit the FAFSA online if you have not already done so.
- Continue to monitor your applications to be sure that all materials are sent and received on time.
- Watch for financial aid awards from each college. Carefully assess each with regard to how much of your need the award will cover. Inquire about other financing plans if a college does not meet your total need.
- Decide where you want to go. May 1 is National College Decision Day.
- Take Advanced Placement (AP) examinations if appropriate. Many colleges offer advanced standing based on AP exam results.