Coloma Junior High
Week of October 25th, 2021
Parent Teacher Conferences - Oct. 27 & Oct. 28th
We will be offering both an in person option and a virtual option.
- In person will be first come, first serve in the main hallway of the Junior High. We ask that conferences are kept to 5-8 minutes to allow everyone the opportunity to see all 6 teachers.
- Virtual Conferences will be scheduled directly through Mrs. Tremblay. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a virtual conference. Please include your child's name, preferred dates/times and any specific concerns you might have so that we can schedule accordingly.
Start of 2nd Marking Period
If you have concerns or questions about your child's progress, come see us at Parent Teacher Conferences we are happy to set a plan for your child's success.
Delayed Start Wednesday
We had a Scary Good Time at our Halloween Dance!!!
Just a reminder to please keep your child home if they are exhibiting any of the following symptoms as laid out in our Return to Learn Plan.
Students exhibiting the following symptoms which are strong indicators of COVID-19 shall remain home or excluded from school for 10 days unless a negative COVID-19 test result or a doctor’s note stating the student may return to school is provided to school authorities.
● Fever (temp over 100.4) or feeling feverish/chills
● Sore throat
● Runny or stuffy nose (congestion)
● Muscle or body aches
● Fatigue (tiredness)
● Vomiting and diarrhea
● Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
● New loss of taste or smell
Under our current mask recommendations we are following the current quarantine requirements:
Close contact within six (6) feet of positive individual will be quarantined for 10 days from last date of contact. Fully vaccinated individuals do not quarantine unless symptomatic
Students that are quarantined should be checking their Google Classrooms, PowerSchool and email throughout the school day. Teachers will communicate with students in a variety of ways. Be sure your child is asking for help as needed and does their best to stay on pace with their classes to ease their return to school.
This Week in Second Step Lessons
Topics this Week
6th Graders will begin the discussion of recognizing bullying and harassment.
7th Graders will discuss harassment and how it is different from bullying
8th Graders will examine common beliefs about bullying and harassment.
Continuing the Conversation at Home
6th Grade families - You can ask your child about their experiences and tell them that you are there to support them.
7th Grade families - You can discuss harassment and examples that you have witnessed.
8th grade families - You can continue the conversation by discussing bullying and harassment.
11/10 - Delayed Start
11/24 - 11/26 - No School Thanksgiving Break
12/1 - Delayed Start
Information regarding Coloma Community Schools Safe Return to School Plans are available here.