April 24, 2017
A Principal's Perspective
Tuesday, the CSISD principals had the opportunity to visit with Coach Sumlin to talk about leadership. I love to learn from others in different career fields. His words really hit home to me not only as the principal of GP, but his message was very applicable as we interview teaching candidates for next year. Take aways for me:
- Through the lense of building a high performing team, he hires people that have the ability to do his job and enables them to excel. Take away: Building leadership capacity is important for a team of professionals.
- He also looks for people who he may at times need to pull in the reins instead of prodding along. Take away: Educators that are passionate, innovative, excited about learning and an ideas generator not only inspire others but fosters a high performing team for student success that is contagious!
- Having honest conversations to improve the team are critical. Conversations of hope, caring, and avenues for input - as he calls his Monday meetings, The Truth, are keys to the team's accomplishments.
- The need for effective communication in all forms is the biggest tool for success. Take away: Effective communication and honest conversations are necessary for a team, faculty, to achieve the goals established for the year.
As we interview, I have really paid attention to responses to questions centered around team, professional/personal growth, motivation to come to work, and who inspires a candidate. I want to thank our interview team for working together to interview and discuss candidates that will compliment, inspire, push our thinking and be a team player all for the success of our students. Will the best of the best join our team? You bet!
Be Innovative - Design the possibilities!
Morning Duties for the Week
Morning Assembly (7:20): Lutz
Gym (7:20): Sullivan
Cafeteria (7:20): Helfeldt
Bus (7:15 - Buses/ Cafeteria after all buses arrive): Magnuson
Parent Drop Off Direct Traffic (7:20-7:50): Seagraves
Parent Drop Off Car Doors (7:20-7:50): S. Anderson & Williams
Counselor Schedule: Kinder/Life Skills/PPCD
Week at a Glance
Saturday: CSISD Art Show 10:00-2:00 @ College Station High School
Book Fair!!! CSISD Food Drive Begins
Monday: 1st & 2nd CAMP Switch; Classroom supply orders due to Bonnie
Tuesday: 1st & 2nd CAMP Switch; Book Fair & Fine Arts Night 5:30-7:30; 1st Grade Musical @ 2:15 - Kinder Audience Only; 4th Grade Lunch with Principal @ 12:25
Wednesday: Lunch Lounge Wednesday- Eat in Lounge? Wear jeans & GP shirt; Specialists & Tech/Parr Office Hours 3:15-4:15; Administrative Assistant Day - Woo-Hoo!!!
Thursday: : SIT Group #3 (Grant, Lutz, Lake, Michelson, Lindner, Anderson, Brice, Prukop, Wilson, Henry); 4th Grade Lunch with Principal @ 12:25; School Improvement Planning Team Meeting 3:30 in Science Lab
Friday: Kindergarten Field Trip to Dewberry Farms; ELA Meetings 1st - 4th
News & Notes
- Retirement Party - Tuesday, May 2nd, 4:00-6:00; Faculty Family Party- Friday, May 19th
- Interview Dates
Monday, 4/24 - 3:30
Tuesday, 4/25 - 2:30, 3:30 (coverage? Let me know.)
Wednesday, 4/26 - 7:30 (coverage? Let me know.) & 3:45
- Staffing Notes:
- Chris is currently our Campus Technology Facilitator, CTF. The position is now open for any interested candidates. Shannon Long, our district technology coordinator, will e-mail our campus the job description. Please read over the expectations and consider applying. If interested, please respond to Shannon's e-mail next week, April 24-28th. Shannon will visit with each interested teacher during May 1st-5th. This is a wonderful opportunity to serve the campus in a leadership capacity with technology support and integration.
- Professional Contracts: Contracts will be placed in your mailbox today. Please review, sign and return to Bonnie by Friday, May 5th.
Mustang Yee Haws!
- Congratulations to Scout Jordan, Jennifer's daughter, who signed yesterday at CSHS for golf at Concordia University Austin. She's the first female from CSHS to sign for the sport of golf!