What Are The Warning Signs?
- "I wish I were dead.
- "If (such and such) happens, I'll kill myself."
- "I'm going to kill myself."
- "Nobody needs me."
- "MY family would be better off without me."
- "I just can't go on any longer."
- A previous suicide attempt
- A suicide note
- Drug & alcohol abuse
- Truancy/running away
- Aggressive behavior
Where Can I Go To Get Help?
- Go to a doctor.
- Talk to a teacher/guidance counselor.
- Tell a friend.
- Call the suicide prevention hotline.
- Tell your parents.
Is Suicide Preventable?
Suicide is preventable!
- If you are depressed, talk to someone.
- If you suspect someone like your friend, or classmate is depressed ask them.
- Don't keep it a secret. Tell an adult or even call 9-1-1 if the situation needs it.
- Most suicidal people believe that suicide is their only way out of the problem, tell them there is another way.
- Make sure that the person knows you are on their side.