By tristen and Ethan 5th period
Role of vitamin-C in the body
- Vitamin-C is essential for growth and repair of tissue in all parts of your body.
- It's a water soluble vitamin that is used for growth and development.
- Used to form an important protein used to make skin, tendons, ligaments, and blood vessels.
- Heal wounds and form scar tissue
- Repair and maintain cartilage, teeth, and bones.
- Is an antioxidant which are nutrients that block damage caused by radicals
Consequences of vitamin c deficiency
- Deficiency in vitamin c can cause scurvy which is the rotting and growth of bacteria on the teeth.
- Increase odds of inflammatory illnesses
- Tissue defects like internal bleeding , rash, or impaired wound healing
Source of vitamin c in diet
- Red pepper
- Green pepper
- Grape fruit