Province of New York
Come visit our beautiful colony!
Why New York?
- Not dominated by any religions! Religious freedom for Quakers, various dominations of Christianity, and Judaism!
- Mountains in the northeast
- Lowlands from Lake Ontario along the Canadian border
- Atlantic coastal plain
- Has fertile soil and land that is suited to farming
Humans of New York
- Peter Minuit: Dutch colonist who bought Manhattan from the Native Americans, was the Protestant leader of the New York Colony
- Peter Stuyvesant: served as the last Dutch Director-General of the colony of New Amsterdam from 1647 until it was ceded to the British in 1664