EXPLORE // CONNECT // INSPIRE
COOL Week becomes COOL Experiences!
Leander ISD is evolving our long-standing work-based experience, known as COOL Week, as we adjust to our virtual world. This has presented an opportunity for us to begin offering COOL Experiences, a variety of platforms to engage students with potential career pathways. COOL Experiences seeks to EXPLORE // CONNECT // and INSPIRE.
COOL Experiences will be offered in one of five different formats:
- COOL Convo - offers a more intimate experience between studetns and career professionals. Facilitated via Zoom, Convos give students the chance to have a more personable conversation and ask questions about specific career paths.
- COOL Webinars - will be more of a one-way delivery of information about a career path directly from the professionals to a larger audience. Facilitated by an LISD host, students will have the chance ot use the Q&A feature via Zoom to ask questions.
- COOL Collaboration - will allow select students the opportunity to work on a hands-on project with a business partner.
- COOL On-Location - allows seniors the opportunity to intern or shadow with a business partner.
- COOL Excursion - field trips or sites visits allowing students the opportunity to gain insight into day-to-day operations and career fields.
COOL Convo with Children's Defense Fund // December 10
Interested in advocacy work and/or a career in non-profit? Join Maggie Stern of the Texas Children’s Defense Fund to gain a deeper understanding of what civic engagement and advocacy looks like along with understanding the career opportunities and day-to-day operations within a non-profit organization. Maggie will also share her own education and career path, as well as insight into non-profit internship experiences.
This event will be held on Thursday, December 10th from 11:30 AM - 12:30 PM. Students can sign up to attend using the link below (confirmation will be emailed from College & Career Transition Coordinator Sarah Spradling). Space is limited to 30 students due to the interactive nature.
COOL Convo with Therapy Corps // December 16
This event will be held on Wednesday, December 16th from 11:30 AM - 12:30 PM. Students can sign up to attend using the link below (confirmation will be emailed from College & Career Transition Coordinator Sarah Spradling). Space is limited to 30 students due to the interactive nature.
COOL Convo with Datum Engineers // December 17
Join a structural engineer and an architectural designer to discuss an episode of Grand Designs, a british television show featuring homeowners on an emboldened quest to bring their dream homes to life!! Students registering for this COOL Convo, must come prepared having watched the Grand Designs episode linked below. Together you will discuss the episode and have a Q & A about what it is like to be a designer behind the scenes on projects similar to what you see in the show.
This event is open to juniors and seniors and will be held on Thursday, December 17th from 11:30 AM - 12:30 PM. Students can sign up to attend using the link below (confirmation will be emailed from College & Career Transition Coordinator Jennifer Sabrsula). Space is limited to 15 students due to the interactive nature.
Stay In-The-Know: Join Your High School's COOL Experience Remind
Cedar Park High School COOL Experience - text @cphscool to 81010
Vista Ridge High School COOL Experience - text @vrhscoole to 81010
Rouse High School COOL Experience - text @RouseCOOL to 81010
Vandegrift High School COOL Experience - text @VHSCOOL to 81010
Glenn High School COOL Experience - text @ghscool to 81010
IN THE WORKS...
Parent or Business interested in partnering with us for a COOL Experience?
Leander High School / Emily Faulkner / firstname.lastname@example.org
Cedar Park High School / Chriss Hexter / email@example.com
Vista Ridge High School / Megan Sauber / firstname.lastname@example.org
Rouse High School /Christina Wallace / email@example.com
Vandegrift High School / Sarah Spradling / firstname.lastname@example.org
Glenn High School / Jennifer Sabrsula / email@example.com