Early Learning News
Search Pinterest for Grinch treats to get the recipe for this holiday treat! Hint...it uses mostly yellow food coloring with a small drop of blue to create the perfect Grinch green!
Welcome Heidi Alcodray!
A special welcome to Heidi Alcodray as she begins her new position as associate teacher in Room 3! We look forward to Heidi joining our staff. Heidi has an associate's degree in Early Childhood and is a parent of three Davison students. She also has former experience working in the Mt. Morris MSRP program and at the Davison Middle Schools as a special education parapro.
Mmmm... There sure was a good smell coming from Mrs. Anderson's and Mrs. Cunningham's classroom last week! Gingerbread cookies made by Room 4 turned out great! Hope none of them ran away :)
Welcome Heidi Alcodray!
The Week Ahead...
Tuesday, December 8th- Balanced calendar mtg. 8:30 admin. (Susan and Marilyn)
Cardinal's Nest- (Susan -Cardinal Code Lesson) IEP's 1:40 and 2:40 (Angie and Susan)
Wednesday, Decmeber 9th- Meeting for student - (April, Susan, Natalie, Holly,
Heather, Trina)- room 3 @ 7:30 a.m. Last day for Cool to Care.
Thursday, December 10th- Early Learning Data Report (Susan and Eric)
Friday, December 11th- GISD GSRP PD Topic: Math @ Weekdays 8:30-12. Susan at Hill for Grinch reading in p.m.
Looking further ahead...
Monday, December 14th- 4:00-5:00 PBSS team meeting (Susan, Andrea, April, Robin, Marilyn, Sara)
Monday, December 21st- Classroom Holiday Parties
Tuesday, December 22nd- Polar Express and PJ day! Mr. Lieske here to read at 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.
MERT Team update...
- Office responsibilities- Carrie or Susan. Call 911, make the call over PA or walkie-talkies that the MERT team needs to report, look up and print student profile or staff information (synergy or staff emergency cards), call parent, call Megan Rule, Call Admin.- Special Services Office. All other classrooms go into secure mode. Any staff members should call 911 if you are closer to the incident and have access to a phone!
- Ambulance greeter-Angela Clark
- AED- Andrea Bell
- Epi pen/medication runner- Hayley Cunningham
- Stay with victim-April Bowen, Michelle Murphy, and classroom teacher of student
- Note taker- Monitors and anyone who is available to do so. Note taking form with what to record will be on each clipboard in classroom and the office.
Cardinal Code Lesson...
- December Potluck- Thursday, December 17th- Mexican theme!
- January 'Painting with a Twist' party
- Secret Santa