All medication must be brought to school by and adult. Please bring medication and forms at the same time. DO NOT send medication with students.
Physical Education and Physical Activity
Benefits to Children Playing Outside
Spring is in the air! The weather is warming, and flowers are blooming! Not only is the outdoors beautiful, but it is healthy to spend time outside for adults and children. It provides an opportunity to be physically active, experience nature and spend time with friends and family. A Harvard Medical School article provides six reasons way it is important for children to play outside. Make sure to use this time to get outdoors with your family!
1. Only swim in designated supervised areas
2. Always swim with a buddy. Do not allow anyone to swim alone.
3. Never leave a child unattended near water.
4. Teach children to always ask permission to go near water.
5. If a child is missing, check the water first. Seconds count in preventing death or disability.