December 7th - December 11th
Week at a Glance
National Computer Science Week Dec.7-11th
Monday, December 7th
- Brian Sauser is our Watch DOGS Dad - Hunter (3rd), Gabriella (5th)
- Hour of Code Week begins!
- Fourth Grade Art Field Trip
- Building Emergency Management Team Meeting at 3:10pm in the Library
Wednesday, December 9th
- Huan Nguyen is our Watch DOGS Dad - Maddx (4th), Brycen (2nd), Gabrielle (Kinder)
- Angie Bonilla's Birthday
Thursday, December 10th
- Payton Hurst is our Watch DOGS Dad - Grayson (K)
- 2nd/3rd Grade Winter Musical Performance 2:00-2:30 for students
- Celebration Meeting
- Winter Musical/PTA Meeting 6pm
Friday, December 11th
- 3rd Grade TWU Field Trip to see The Nutcracker
- Our Aviator Choir, along with choirs from E.P. Rayzor and Blanton, will share the stage with the Harpool 6th Grade Choirs. 7pm at Harpool Middle School
Saturday, December 12th
- Adkins Staff Christmas Party
Coming Next Week:
Tuesday, December 15th
- Aviator Choir - Main Event Music Festival - Lewisville 9:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
- Fifth Grade Orchestra Caroling throughout Adkins 8:00am
- Friends of the Family sessions
Friday, December 18th
- All School Sing-Along 8:30-10:00 a.m.
- End of Third Six Weeks
- Adkins Running Club 5K at Texas Motor Speedway 4:45 p.m. Click here for more information http://cowtownmarathon.org/speedway-candy-cane-classic
Holiday Party Schedule
- Art Club - Friday, December 18th from 8:00 am - 8:30 am
- Kindergarten - Friday, December 18th from 11:30 am - 12:30 pm
- First Grade - Thursday, December 17th from 8:30 am - 10:00 am
- Second Grade - Friday, December 18th from 1:30 pm - 2:30 pm
- Third Grade - Friday, December 18th from 1:45 pm - 2:45 pm
- Fourth Grade - Friday, December 18th from 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
- Fifth Grade - Friday, December 18th from 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm
Looking forward to January 2016
- January 4th - Staff Development Day : No School for Students
- January 5th - School Resumes
- January 8th - Report Cards come home
- January 18th - School Holiday
Macey Arel for being willing to jump in wherever and whenever needed!
Lisa O'Rear, Jen McCord, and Michelle Clayton for setting up the Hour of Code!
And the Award goes to....Finnian McGee for the role of Yoda!
Our fabulous Second Grade Team for pulling together and taking care of each other like family.
Please don't forget to send me Kudos each week....this is an important section!! :)
Learn. Connect. Serve.
Teachers, Parents Often Misuse Growth Mindset Research, Carol Dweck Says
Praise strategies and results, not effort alone, she says.