Peek of the Week Summer 2023
Need to Read your Newsletter in another Language?
English Translation Instructions for S’more Newsletters
1) Look to the right of this newsletter.
2) Look for a black box in the top right corner, and click on “Translate Newsletter”.
3) In the box that pops up, select the language you would like.
4) Your newsletter is now translated.
7th Grade Honors Math - SUMMER HONORS COURSE
7th Grade Honors Math Information
YOU MUST COMPLETE THE SUMMER HONORS COURSE IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR 7TH GRADE HONORS MATH. The summer honors course is open to everyone and is designed to help you understand the priority standards that are taught during 6th grade math. In Canvas, activities are included in modules to help you master those skills. The activities include instructional videos, notes, and IXL lessons. You must score 90% or above on the IXL lessons. Mastering the sixth grade priority standards will help you be successful in honors (7th grade) math.
You must complete the modules in the order they are presented. A recommended timeline is given on the Canvas homepage. An entrance assessment will be given the first week of August.
Placement in the honors class will be based upon the following information…
-Teacher recommendation - We asked current 5th grade math teachers who they would recommend.
-Satisfactory Completion of the summer Canvas course
-ISIP score (Level 5)
-Mastery of ALL 5th grade math standards (Scale Score of 3)
-Entrance Assessment (90% or better)
-State Testing Performance Level: Advanced
Students will be placed by DCIS staff according to these prerequisites and you will be notified in August.
The 7th grade Honors Math Summer Course will start on June 1st and end July 28th.
To enroll in the course email MICHAELSTONE@DCSOK.ORG the following information...
Name of Student
Student School Email
****remember the class will not show on Canvas until June 1st.
**Buy Your 2023-24 DCIS School Themed T-Shirt : I GOT YOUR 6
Our THEME is I GOT YOUR 6. Order your T-Shirt now so that you will have it on the first day of school. These t-shirts will be ready for you to pick-up in August at our Meet The Teacher/Schedule Pick-Up Day. These shirts are $25 and must be purchased using the link. They are NOT AVAILABLE ON INTOUCH.
Click HERE to order your shirt.
In the military, “got your six” means “I’ve got your back.” The saying originated with World War I fighter pilots referencing the rear of an airplane as the six o’clock position. If you picture yourself at the center of a clock face, the area directly in front of you is twelve o’clock. Six o’clock is what lies behind you. On a battlefield, your “six” is the most vulnerable. So, when someone tells you that they’ve “got your six,” it means they’re watching your back.
**Buy Your Chromebook Cover
**Purchase your 6th grade Novels NOW.
This bundle is $40 on INTOUCH....ordering info below. Deadline to order is July 1st.
**********INTOUCH PAYMENT PORTAL DIRECTIONS**********
To Access InTouch Online Payment Portal:
- Go to: https://ok-deercreek.intouchreceipting.com/ and select “click here to set your password”
- Enter your Email Address associated with your student’s Infinite Campus Parent Portal and Click “Search”
- You should receive the following prompt: “Check your email inbox for additional instructions”
- Click the link in the e-mail and follow the instructions to change your password for the initial log in to InTouch.
- Enter Username: (your email) and New Password: (new password)
- After you update your password, log back into https://ok-deercreek.intouchreceipting.com/
- Enter Username: (your email) & Password: (your updated password) and Click: "Sign In"
Once logged into the InTouch Payment Portal:
- You will be prompted: “Who are you shopping for?” (You will be able to Shop for all of your students and checkout once at the end.)
- Just click on one of your students to begin searching for items to add to your cart.
- To see items available click on “Items at Student’s School”, “Items At All Schools” or “Pay Fines/Fees”.
- Items added to the cart can be removed by clicking on “Checkout” at the top right corner, then clicking “Remove” next to the item.
- When you are ready to purchase the items in the cart, click “CHECKOUT”. Fill out the Credit/Debit Card Information and submit your payment.
- When orders are all received, the school will deliver your items to your student.
SAVE THE DATES! - (More info will be provided at a later date)
Schedule Pick-Up and Meet the Teacher
Thursday, August 10th, 7:30am - 2:20pm
First Day of School
Tuesday, August 22nd, 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
DC Apps: Please Download and Register Today!
Deer Creek uses SchoolMessenger + our Deer Creek app for all of our communication with families. Please use these links to learn more and download both apps today!
21175 N. MacArthur
Edmond, OK 73012