Year 10 Geography
10M & 10R
What you need to know by the end of this activity:
- Background information about ONE of Australia, neighbouring countries. Including where it is located, its traditional culture (language, food) AND its popular culture (sport, TV shows, actors and singers).
- Choose ONE country from the following list: New Zealand, Fiji, Vanuatu, Solomon Islands, Papua New Guinea, Indonesia, Philippines, Malyasia, Brunei, Singapore, Vietnam, Laos, Camobia, Thailand, Taiwan, New Caledonia OR India.
- You will need to create either a PowerPoint or a Smore (make a login with smore.com look below for a link) where you will need to answer the following questions for your chosen country:
- Name your chosen country.
- Give a geographic location (latitude and longitude).
- Insert a map of your country.How far is your country from Australia (in kms)?
- What language/s are spoken?
- What sport/s are played?
- List popular TV shows.List the types of food that is eaten.
- What is the top song for this week? What country does it come from?
- What movie is number one at their box office this week? In what country is it set
- Where is the soccer World Cup 2014 being played? List the countries that qualified. Did your chosen country qualify?
- Add anything else interesting about your country.Be sure to include images in your presentation/smore.