Week Six: September 28st
A Weekly Staff Bulletin - WEEK ONE OF OCTOBER :)
Week 5 Reflection and Week 6 Preview
Thank you for a great Week 5. A few moments to highlight:
- A Parent Ed Night with over 40 parents learning about mindset - thank you for advertising this educational opportunity for our parents. More to come - and you are always welcome if you would like to hear what the parents are hearing.
- A start to fundraising season. I appreciate all of the support for the fundraising and know that for many of you, this is an added thing to worry about and we appreciate you sticking with us for another couple of weeks. This fundraiser, in particular, pays for part of Class Act, Art Masters and PE.
- Dad's club had over 50 dads at their first meeting last week - what a turn out and some very excited dads. Their first project is the removal of unwanted televisions. If you have a television in your room that you no longer want there, please let Pam know and we will keep you updated as to an anticipated removal date.
- Student Council President and VP announcing Spirit Day Winners - these students were so honored and nervous about speaking on the intercom, they had their speeches written and did a great job!
- PBIS Meeting - thank you to the many staff members who attended our first SW-PBIS meeting of the 15-16 school year. It is evident of all the great tools we have from previous years and I am excited to meet with you all again this Friday (all are welcome) for the 7am breakfast to discuss and solidify the "gotcha" programs. Also, in your mailboxes are blank behavior charts - if you would like, talk with your class about ideal behaviors and fill in the chart and bring with you on Friday.
On another note, I am inspired by the level of collaboration I have seen in many of our classrooms. It is refreshing to see the transition from worksheets to 21st Century Problem Solving and I appreciate all of your hard work to provide our students with an opportunity to enhance skills they will use in the future.
There are a few available trainings on the communication board in between the office bathrooms - please let me know if you are interested. We have money to pay for trainings, if people are interested in going.
Thanks for another great week!
Soaring Moment: These Dads Are Ready to Support - Need Something?
Week SIX: A Week to Celebrate Being an Eagle
- 7:45-8 lunch tables: Fisher
- 8-8:15 blacktop: Pettibone
- 10:15-10:30 blacktop: Beckham
- 10:15-10:30 big apple, looking to playground: Cinadr
- 10:35-10:50 primary swings, east: King
- 10:35-10:50 lunch benches and blue playground: Strawn
- 2:20-2:35 stairs with bus, near computer lab: Rutledge
- 2:20-2:35 entrance to parking lot/ sidewalk near Kinder: Raidmae/O'Hare
- 2:20-2:35 crosswalk near library: Vigneault
- 2:20-2:35 center island: Ivory
- 2:20-2:35 crosswalk by office: Coony
FREE FROM DUTY:
Cycenas, Ilinescu, Schmuhl, Welch, Karr
MONDAY: Happy Monday! Ashley will be at a School Plan meeting until lunch. First Day for Christian Release is today.
TUESDAY: Ashley at Principal Coaching Meeting until lunch :( and will miss Serrano! Monkey Tuesday for those students who have sold enough items for the monkeys.
WEDNESDAY: SETV Auditions at 1:00p. Modified Wednesday @ Serrano, 1:30 - 3 Teacher Prep - Look into the SBAC Scores.
THURSDAY: Ashley will be at a VP Principals meeting from 10-11a.
FRIDAY: Happy Birthday Mr. Coony! PBIS Breakfast and Anne Truex is coming to visit and we will be in every classroom.
*This is a very busy week of meetings for me (and I am so sorry) - please feel free to text me @ 714-616-0778 if you need anything, I will have my phone on me at all times!
DIBELS: Courtney will be on campus this week and will be able to help in your classroom while you complete your DIBELS testing. She will be around to check on everyone in the next day or so.
ENVISION Pre-Test: 6th Grade will receive an Envision Pre-Test (not online) that will need to be taken either the last week of September or first week of October and then return all testing materials to me.
CELDT: The first part of the CELDT Test for Grades 2-6 will occur next week (moved from this week). I will send notes to each teacher designating the students and the times those students will be pulled out of class. Thank you for all of your support.
Check the Weather
STAY CONNECTED WITH SERRANO
Serrano Haiku Site (for staff only): https://orangeusd.haikulearning.com/do/account/login
- Our Twitter Handle @SerranoOUSD, Serrano Elementary holds instant information about Serrano. Please follow if you have a Twitter. *Twitter Handle new - follow new handle
*The Serrano Haiku Site requires your Google Login, please email email@example.com for login help.
- PE Starts this week! A finalized schedule can be found in your box. This program will be great for our students but may take a week or two to get used to and get all the kinks ironed out. Looking forward to hearing about all of the fun things Mrs. McCleary has planned.
- EL Tutoring starts this week from 2:30-3:30 for language reinforcement for our CELDT 1 students (please let me know if you think you have someone who may qualify. Monday and Tuesday will be in Mrs. Ash's room and Thursday and Friday will be in Mrs. Beckham's room.
I am not sure this qualifies as an important note but...
I just returned from the coolest place I have been in a long time - a $1 book store in the Von's Parking Lot off of Tustin and Lincoln. I don't typically advertise for business but this store has probably 1000+ books (including a kid's room) and every single book is $1 - and tax-free or teachers. If you are looking to beef up your classroom library, I would suggest this great place!