How to do a Back Handspring
Learn how to do a Back handspring quick and safe.
What is a Back Handspring?
This is helpful especially for gymnasts and cheerleaders.
Try it first in a Trampoline!
Why in a trampoline?
- Cold Drink
- Be Positive
- Phone (In case of emergency)
You won't need....
- Pressure (If you are not ready,DON'T DO IT.)
- People you don't trust
- You need to be warmed-up, so you don't hurt yourself. You are basically doing gymnastics, so it's essential that you at least know how to do your back bend. That's a pretty good way of warming-up, practicing a few back bends.
- After warming -up and practicing your back bends, go on the trampoline, with one of the extra people you have. This person will help spotting you, to prevent any accidents. Don't worry, after you completely get your back Hand-spring you won't need him/her.Your other spot, should be spotting you in the ground, holding the phone, in case something goes wrong.
5. The point of pushing yourself back is to reach as far as you can.
Avoid arching your back too much.
6. Your legs have to follow you as you go back. They will help you go upward and backward.
9. Swing your legs and feet to touch the floor. Try to land the same way you started, bending your knees a little.
10. Keep practicing WITH YOUR SPOT, and if you start getting tired, stop and have a little sip of your cold drink.
11. Once you get your back hand-spring, yo can start practicing without a spot, but make sure someone is aware of what you are doing, in case of an accident (not that it will happen, just to prevent).