Allow Alaska Oil Rig
An Insight from Federal Government Official: Cammie McMahan
- Alaska's oil & gas industry has driven the growth in their Economy.
- For 40 years it has paid for most of the states operations.
- Oil production is the reason Alaska is the only state that has no personal income or sales tax.
- Without oil today, Alaska's economy would only be half it's current size.
More Alaska Oil Facts:
- Alaska is the 2nd most oil producing state.
- There is still expected to be 40 billion barrels of oil that can be tapped on the North Slope and offshore areas.
- New drilling technology can reduce the footprint the industry has on the environment.
- The ocean floor naturally seeps more oil than most spills.
- It is proven that drilling can reduce natural seepage.
- Offshore drilling within 200 miles of U.S. Coasts has a safety record of 99.999%.