Week of September 16-20, 2019
Para ver esta informacion en español siga los siguientes pasos
Cuando reciba esta carta por correo electrónico presione donde sea en la página.
Cuando se habrá esta página en la internet, siga hasta el fondo de la página hasta encontrar un botón que dice “Translate”. Presione el botón y luego escoja el lenguaje "Spanish".
Safety Reminders for Drivers
- If you approach a pedestrian crossing at a corner or other crosswalk, even if the crosswalk is in the middle of the block, at a corner with or without traffic signal lights, whether or not the crosswalk is marked by painted lines, you are required to exercise caution and reduce your speed, or stop if necessary, to ensure the safety of the pedestrian.
- Do not pass a vehicle stopped at a crosswalk. A pedestrian you cannot see may be crossing the street. Stop and proceed when all pedestrians have crossed the street.
- Do not stop in a crosswalk. You will place pedestrians in danger.
- Allow sufficient time for pedestrians to cross the road.
- Obey signs pertaining to pedestrians.
Safety Reminders for Students
- Students must listen to DATA Staff when crossing the street as we are there to ensure student safety.
- Students should look left, right and left again before crossing the street. Then continue looking until safely across.
- It’s always best to walk on sidewalks or paths and cross at street corners, using traffic signals and crosswalks. If there are no sidewalks, walk facing traffic as far to the left as possible.
- Students should abide by traffic signals failing to do so can result in a citation.
Mrs. Espinoza's Goodbye
Dear DATA Students and Parents,
I wanted to personally let you know that Tuesday, September 17 will be my last day at DATA. I have truly enjoyed working with all of the students and parents I have met over the last five years and have treasured my time at DATA. This school, the staff, students, and families will always hold a very special place in my heart. Thank you for all of the memories I will take with me and for allowing me to work with you.
Events for this week
Q Parent Connection Workshop at VUSD
Thursday, Sep. 19th, 5-7:30pm
255 West Stanley Avenue
Please consider saving and donating your box tops to DATA.
Traditional Route: Clip Box Tops and turn into the office.
Link to Google download:
Link to Apple download:
September is Attendance Awareness Month
Other Resources and Events
ASES-After School Education and Safety Program 2019-2020
Save the Date for PIZZA WITH THE PRINCIPAL!
Thursday, Sep. 26th, 11am-11pm
186 East Thompson Boulevard
20% of proceeds will be donated to DATA! Principal Cervantes will be there to enjoy the evening with the DATA Community!