for the LAST WEEK OF SCHOOL
Message from the Principal
All teachers are required to communicate with parents if a student is in danger of failing their class before the end of the grading period. Sending letters home that are not returned do not count as a parent contact. Sending INOW print outs home that are not returned do not count as a parent contact. They will reflect positively on the teacher for attempts but without a response we have no way of verifying that the parent has received the information. Additionally, notes in Chalkable are not considered parent contacts. If a student is failing your class, you must make a contact (phone conversation with parent, parent conference, or email conversation with parent). A conversation means dialogue between the teacher and the parent. With the end of the school year coming up fast, this is an imperative.
Report cards are required to be mailed by May 26th this year which means grades have to be finalized no later than noon on May 25th. We will begin retention meetings on that day as well. Yes, I know this is putting a squeeze on things but with the exception of the semester diagnostic all other grades for your classes will have to be completed ahead of time. Registration for summer school and other summer programs has been set for June 1st with summer school beginning on June 5th.
All teachers should make sure they are taking note of due dates on their end of the year check-out sheet.
We are seeing TOO many students in the hallway without passes. ANY teacher who sends/allows a student out of class must provide the student with a written pass. There is no exception to this.
All teachers are required to monitor their students in the lunchroom as they go through the line and while at their lunch table. It is not the role of the lunchroom staff to monitor your students.
Keep in mind all teachers are required to administer at least one unit test every 4.5 weeks. We will be checking for these after progress reports. Documentation of RTI for these should be noted in the comment section of your gradebook. Unit tests in which a student makes less than a 60 must be retaught and re-assessed. The reassessment must occur during the nine weeks in which it originally administered. Accommodations that are implemented for an entire class do not qualify as examples of RTI or as interventions for PST. Students under 504 or an IEP may have different accommodations for assessments and these take precedent.
Final checkouts will begin after noon on May 26th. Mrs. Amanda and Mrs. Davis will begin signing off on their part at noon but they might be persuaded to do so before noon if 20 report card envelopes are stuffed first. All staff members must complete their own final check-out. Timecards for next week must be approved Friday before you come to see me for final check-out. Mr. Powell will begin checking rooms at Noon on Friday.
Important Dates for the LAST WEEK of School
- May 22nd - May 24th - 2nd Semester Diagnostics Continue
- May 22nd - HMS End of Year Awards Day Program in the HHS Auditorium
- May 23rd - Timecards for week of May 15th must be corrected and approved by 3 PM
- May 23rd - HMS Cheerleader Clinic Preview in the Boys Gym at 6:30 PM. Tickets are $1 at the door
- May 24th - May 26th - American Fidelity reps here - all employees must meet with them at some point during these three days
- May 24th - All personal items in lockers must be taken home by students by 3 PM
- May 25th - End of the Year Retention Meetings during planning periods
- May 25th - Final locker clean-out begins.
- May 25th - Grades due by noon
- May 25th - Grade verification sheets will be printed at noon
- May 25th - MEDC beginning at 1 PM in conference room
- May 25th - Grade verification sheets due by 3 PM
- May 25th - Make-up day and Last day for students
- May 25th - HHS Graduation on the HHS High School Football Field
- May 26th - Teacher Work Day
- May 26th - Timecards for this week must be approved before final checkout
- May 26th - Final room checks begin at noon
- May 26th - Final checkouts begin at noon (all items other than the final checkout must be sign-off prior to this meeting)
- May 26th - Report Cards Mailed