FIFTH GRADE NEWS
August 21 - August 25, 2017
A new beginning...
Parents: Please fill out this quick google survey if you have not already.
If you are able to and would like to help support our classrooms with extra supplies, please visit our Amazon Wish Lists that we have for our classes. Since, we consider all 64 students to be all of "ours", we often share our supplies. This is a quick and easy way to send supplies directly to the school! Thank you so much for your support as we head into a GREAT year!
1. Please talk with your children about internet safety. We have already begun those conversations and will continue to do so throughout the year. The reminders and added talks will help our students be great internet citizens.
2. Chromebooks are very delicate and need to be handled with care. If you are able to provide a "sleeve" for your student, then please do so. It is not a requirement, but some have found it helpful as our students switch classes.
3. Each student has a charger that will be labeled with their number in class. This is to help students keep track of their laptops and chargers.
4. The expectation is that students come to school with their laptops fully charged.
5. If you still have your iPad or iPad charger at home, please send that with your child ASAP.
6. It is important for our students to practice their keyboarding skills. There are many websites that you may visit to practice and review any keyboarding skills. Two that I recommend are https://www.typingclub.com/ and http://www.bbc.co.uk/guides/z3c6tfr.
Fifth Grade Team
Traditional & Aspire Together
Mr. Wahpekeche, Mrs. Mannen, Mrs. Sifford, Ms. Hayes & Mr. Boykin
Ms. Sutton & Mrs. Munoz
Student Intern Pairs
Mrs. Munoz will be paired with Mrs. Sifford for Math and Ms. Sutton will be with Mrs. Mannen for Science.
We are incredibly excited to be your child's teacher this year!