PINE HOLLOW MIDDLE SCHOOL
Tuesday, September 25, 2018
Dear Pine Hollow Parents,
Last week was a challenging week with the threats at Clayton Valley Charter and Diablo View Middle School. Although there was no threat to our site, the reports certainly caused anxiety among many of our students, staff, and parents. Whenever things like this occur, I will do my best to communicate early and often so that you are informed about what's going on. Please make sure you are signed up to receive text alerts and are following the PTSA page on Facebook to get faster updates.
As for our site safety, our administration and counseling team work with the district and local police departments to ensure that we are following best practices to keep our students safe. We have locked perimeter gates and doors on campus, and are examining our fencing and cameras on site to ensure they meet our needs. We do regular emergency drills with our students and staff, and are continually working to improve our safety protocols and procedures. Our staff also works extremely hard to build relationships with students so that they feel comfortable coming to talk to us about issues they are hearing about or seeing. Thank you for your support and please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. Best,
Principal, Pine Hollow Middle School
(925) 672-5444 x5500
- The Pine Hollow PTSA is hosting "Coffee with Campo" tomorrow, September 26 at 7:30am in room S1. The informal meeting will give interested parents a chance to hear from Pine Hollow Principal, Ben Campopiano, learn more about the school, ask questions, and share suggestions. The PTSA will be providing light pastries and coffee.
- The next PTSA meeting is also scheduled for tomorrow, September 26 at 6:30pm in the school library. All are welcome!
For information about the Pine Hollow PTSA board of directors, meeting dates, membership information, and more, please click here!
Free & Reduced Meal Applications Due this Week!
Here are the steps to set up a weekly progress report about to be emailed to you about your child's grades, etc:
From a web browser...
- Click on your email address on the top right corner
- Click on parent notification preferences
- Check the box to receive weekly progress email
- Select the day and time you want to receive the report
- Click save
Student Council Elections
Student Council Elections are being held today during 2nd Period classes for the following positions:
- President (8th Grade)
- Vice President (7th Grade)
- Secretary (7th or 8th Grade)
- Treasurer (7th or 8th Grade)
- Class Representative (There will be up to five 6th, 7th and 8th Grade Class Representatives.)
Upcoming Key Dates
- September 26: "Coffee with Campo" (7:30am in S1)
- September 26: PTSA Meeting (6:30pm in Library)
- October 1: Soccer Game #2 (3:30pm at PHMS)
- October 2: Site Council Meeting (3:00pm in Library)
- October 3: Student Mock Election
- October 12: End Q1