Week Thirty-One - May 2nd
A Weekly Staff Bulletin
Book Fair Week and two weeks until testing and a short seven weeks left until summer.
I will be scheduling times to meet with each one of you to discuss grade placements within the next two weeks so please don't be alarmed when you receive a calendar invite.
**I have not calendared the Teacher Appreciation Luncheon because I am not sure which date the parents are choosing but will update as the date becomes available.
Duty Schedule Reminder
- 7:45-8 lunch tables: Beckham
- 8-8:15 blacktop: Strawn
- 10:15-10:30 blacktop: Cinadr
- 10:15-10:30 big apple, looking to playground: Vigneault
- 10:35-10:50 primary swings, east: Rutledge
- 10:35-10:50 lunch benches and blue playground:Raidmae/O'Hare
- 2:20-2:35 stairs with bus, near computer lab: Ilinescu
- 2:20-2:35 entrance to parking lot/ sidewalk near Kinder: Cycenas
- 2:20-2:35 crosswalk near library: Ivory
- 2:20-2:35 center island: Coony
- 2:20-2:35 crosswalk by office: Karr
- Book Fair Opens for Business! A Groovy Time!
- Ashley at CV 7:30-9a
- Ashley at DO for BTSA 2:30-4:30p
- Min Day - Pick-Up K 12:20p, 1st-6th 12:25p - Site PD - 1:45-3p
- Teacher Appreciation Assemblies - Primary (including K) - 9:00a-9:30a, Upper - 9:30a-10:00a, both assemblies in amphitheater, please be on time
- LUNCH WITH A LOVED ONE - purchase Olive Garden Lunch and Kona Ice Dessert to support Serrano
- EAGLES DINE OUT: Raising Cane's - flyer free - just tell Raising Canes you are there to support Serrano and a percentage of your purchase will go back to Serrano
- Ice Cream Sales
- Proposed Groovy Wear: Although not all classes are interested in participating, if you are interested in participating in the Groovy Wear Friday to bring awareness to the Book Fair, today is your day. Please publicize in your class
- Muffins with MOM - 7:00a, parking available on Big Apple
- Eagle Spirit Day - Wear your Eagle Shirts
- STEM Challenge Available below
- MXL Log - Jane has done a GREAT job of tracking our students who attend MXL and for the reason. Please feel free to use the log as evidence in a conference, should you need it: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1m7NXsKWPtf0X0LDF6AOcWv5Q5MpTU2vvypQmiuT_pq0/edit?usp=sharing
Physical Education Standards
If you plan on utilizing some time throughout the week to fulfill your 100 weekly minutes of PE, please make sure you are leading activities that are in line with the State of California PE Standards and if you have questions or would like suggestions about activities, please see Mrs. McLeary. It is very important that the safety of kids is a top priority in any physical education activity. Thank you for your help in this endeavor.