The Austin Buzz September 2023
Mary B. Austin Elementary
The Principal Buzz, by Melissa Whigham
- Attendance Matters: The state-wide twenty-day count will start on September 5th and will continue through October 3rd. Please make sure students are on time every day. Also, we ask that you limit early dismissals during this time as well. Students excel when in school daily.
- Expectations: We are continuing to implement high expectations for academics and behavior for our students that are based on our "Roots Motto". We want to make sure that students represent the "Root's Motto" in everything they do every day. Students must "Dress for Success" in the appropriate uniform attire Monday through Thursday. Students may wear any color Spirit Shirt every Friday purchased through PTA or a school-sponsored event. Also, students will be held to high expectations to complete all classroom and homework assignments daily. We want to ensure that every student has access to their appropriate education every day at Austin. If you have questions about your child's progress, please email the teacher and set up a conference.
- Carpool Reminders: Please make sure your carpool tag is displayed daily. This is to ensure the safety of all students. In addition, if your child does not come out timely, you will be moved to the fence and a teacher will bring your child to you. This allows our carpool to run smoothly.
- Progress Reports: Students' quarterly progress will be available on Friday, September 8th in Schoology.
- Snacks: Gatorades are sold Monday-Friday for $1.00 during PE and Ice Cream is sold on Fridays only for $1.00.
- Title 1 & PTA Open House: Please join us for the Title One Meeting on September 12th in the cafeteria from 5:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Following the meeting, we invite parents to attend the PTA Open House at 6:15 p.m. in the classrooms to explore the wonderful activities and learning that have occurred so far. We hope to see everyone there!
MBA House System Kick-off
Grandparent and Grand Grown Up Day
Who: Grandparents or A Grand-Grown-Up
What: A celebration of being grand and a chance to spend time with your student.
When: September 8th during Snack Time
- Second Grade 10:00
- First Grade 10:15
- Kindergarten 11:00
- Fourth Grade 12:15
- Fifth Grade 12:15
- Third Grade 12:45
We hope you and your family will join PTA. It's a great way to support your students and our school.
Volunteer with PTA
There are so many ways to get involved with PTA...reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to get started!
We have several PTA sponsored events throughout the year as well as those with which PTA offers help. We are always looking for help with each!
Volunteer with PTA
2023-2024 Red Ribbon Representative
We know you will represent our school well and we can't wait to take part in your Red Ribbon service project this year!
- September 1st - College Colors Day
- September 4th - Labor Day
- September 8th - Grandparent and Grand Grown Up Day
- September 11th - Professional Development/Teacher Work Day
- September 12th - Title 1 and Open House
- September 29th - Treehouse Meetings