EECV Family Newsletter
February 2022 - News and Information for our Families
Message from the Principal
Dear EECV Families,
February is here and we are excited for a new month of learning through play and exploration for our students. This month's curriculum theme is "Imagine It, Make It". Children will learn how imagination and creativity shape our world. Our students will be be learning through hands on experiences with these ideas in mind:
- Using My Imagination: I can imagine all kind of things
- Tools We Use: I can use tools to create and build
- Things We Build: I can use different materials to make new things
- Art All Around Us: I enjoy art that other people create
I cannot wait to see what creations our budding architects, builders, and artists create this month!
Also, happening in February will be Spring Parent/Teacher Conferences, Spring Pictures, and PAX Tools training for parents. Check out the rest of this newsletter for details.
I wish you a happy and healthy February and thank you for your support! If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at any time.
Jackie Plantner, Principal
Myia Bruening, Secretary - firstname.lastname@example.org
Dawn Resar, Secretary - email@example.com
Jennifer Packman, School Nurse - firstname.lastname@example.org
Click on the link below for an update to our district's Mask Policy in the latest Pioneer News effective 1/28/22
PAX Tools Parent Training - Save the Date
We are excited to offer the parents and guardians of EECV and Westwood Elementary School an opportunity to receive PAX Tools training. PAX Tools is a collection of nine science-based strategies that can improve children’s cooperation and the ability to manage one’s own behaviors, as well as support social and emotional development. PAX Tools recognizes that many adults contribute to the overall educational, social, and emotional growth of youth, and approaches behaviors as skill sets that must be taught. Therefore, PAX Tools is intended for all families and other adult caregivers to create supportive and safe environments that ultimately help children thrive.
Save the date for 2 parent training opportunities:
- Virtual Training = 2/23/22 and 2/24/22 from 10:00-11:00 AM. Participants will receive a link to the virtual training once registered. Participants must attend both sessions to receive the full training.
- In-Person Training = 3/3/22 from 6:00-8:00 PM at EECV. Child care for children 12 and under and light snacks will be provided to those who register.
Registration will be required for both training options. Please look for more details on how to register in the next few weeks!
Preschool Registration for the 2022-2023 School Year
Students planning to remain in Preschool at EECV must re-register for next school year. Spaces will fill up quickly so please do not delay. Registration paperwork will be sent home with your child based on your response to the 2022-2023 school year intent form. Please return forms as quickly as possible to hold your child's preschool spot. You may also receive a call from school secretary, Mrs. Bruening, if we have any questions about the program placement for your child. Feel free to call the office at any time to discuss your 22-23 school year plans for your preschooler.
If your student is transitioning from Preschool to Kindergarten you will receive information regarding this transition and any steps you may need to take.
Students transitioning from Preschool to Kindergarten DO NOT need to complete new kindergarten registration.
We will be holding a Registration Event on Saturday, March 12th at Ely Elementary for Preschool and Kindergarten. Please recommend EECV to your friends and neighbors with Preschoolers!
Dress for the Weather
- Wednesday, 2/23 - Gray, Yellow, Burgundy, Orange, Pink, and Gold Rooms
- Thursday, 2/24 - Lilac, Silver, Aqua, White, Peach and Green Rooms
From the Desk of Nurse Packman
Please do your part to help our village stay healthy by keeping your child home if they are showing any symptoms of illness including, but not limited to:
Fever—any temperature of 100° or greater in the previous 24-hours
Loose watery stools or diarrhea
New or persistent cough, congestion or difficulty breathing
Complaints of pain (like a headache, sore throat, or earache)
A rash, especially when other symptoms are present
Runny nose or nasal congestion
Red or itchy eye(s)
If your child has any symptoms of illness please DO NOT give them medication and send them to school. Call Nurse Packman directly at (440) 284-8099 if you have any questions.
Get a FREE Kinsa thermometer by texting JOIN to 24020.
Please take a minute to make sure that we have up to date contact information so that we can reach you in case of an emergency. If you need to update your contact information or report that your child will be absent, please call the EECV office at (440) 284-8250.
Looking for preschool friendly videos that incorporate your child's favorite characters with child-friendly concepts and learning? Check out the Sesame Street Learning Videos link below!
- Thursday, February 17th - Story Time with the Elyria Public Library for Orange, Burgundy, Green, Gold, Pink, and Gray Rooms
- Monday, February 21st - President's Day, SCHOOLS CLOSED
- Thursday, February 24th - Evening Conferences, School as usual
- Friday, February 25th - Daytime Conferences, NO SCHOOL for students
- Thursday, March 3rd - Story Time with the Elyria Public Library for Lilac, Silver, Peach, Aqua, Yellow, and White Rooms
- Saturday, March 12th - Registration Event @ Ely Elementary
Elyria Early Childhood Village
Elyria Early Childhood Village