Stopher Newsletter, November 2nd
IMPORTANT!!!! .................... Test to Play
- Drama By George
- Quick Recall
- Chorus/Drama if during non school hours
- ANY indoor before/after school activity
*Current participants must begin testing no later than November 10th. Those students joining activities after November 10th must begin testing right away.
*Testing is done at Stopher on Wednesdays. Registration for the test must be completed prior to 2:00 the day before.
*You do not need to register every week. Once your student is on the list, he/she stays on the list until you remove him/her.
Students not tested will NOT be permitted to participate.
Student Masks and Water Bottles
WATER BOTTLES: At this time, students are not permitted to use the school water fountains. As a result (for this year only), students are bringing a water bottle to school with them. These bottles should contain WATER only. Please be sure that your child has his/her name on it. If your child does not have a water bottle, the school can provide him/her with one; however, we ask that they use it again in the following days instead of requesting a new one daily.
Dare to Care Update
We need volunteers (and trucks or large SUVs) on Wednesday morning, 10:00-12:00 to take the cans to Dare to Care on Fern Valley Rd. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you can help. (Or if you have a large box truck that will work also!)
Lost and Found
Also, we currently have 3 pairs of glasses and one set of keys in the Lost and Found. The keys were in a box of canned goods that were brought in last week.
Veterans Day Recognition
Test to Stay
Free testing is offered at middle and high schools and other select locations in the afternoons/evenings every Sunday-Thursday. There are now more than 50 locations available across the district. Click here for a list of sites and hours.
2022-2023 Elementary Applications
- All students, new to JCPS, must submit an application.
- If your child has a sibling in the school, you MUST submit an application. Enrollment will not take place without an application.
- Current PreK 4 Year Old students MUST submit an application for Kindergarten. Enrollment at Stopher is NOT automatic if you attend PreK here.
- Current Kindergarten thru 4th Grade students should NOT submit an application unless you are considering attending a different JCPS school next year.
2022-2023 Middle School Applications
Information for all JCPS middle schools can be found in the Middle School Choices publication.
- Those students wishing to attend their resides middle school do not need to complete an application. Enrollment will be automatic.
- Those students wishing to attend a magnet program must complete an online application. The magnet application period is November 1, 2021– December 15, 2021.
Stopher School Meal Menu
Last minute menus changes are occurring frequently and are out of our control due to the nationwide food shortage. Menus on Nutrislice may not reflect these changes.
Stopher PTA Membership
Please click this link to join the Stopher PTA. Membership does not require any of your time! We appreciate your financial contribution to the efforts of our PTA to support your children!