CVUSD's Communication Snapshot
Week of August 21, 2023
Communication Snapshot: Week of August 28, 2023
In this week's snapshot of information, events, news and updates - you'll find information on the following topics:
- CVUSD Supports Attendance Awareness Month this September
- Holiday Weekend Ahead: CVUSD Schools & Offices Closed on Monday, September 4th in Recognition of Labor Day
- Making History: Girls Flag Football is a Touchdown, as Inaugural Seasons Begin!
- Congratulations NPHS, TOHS and WHS Scholars - Awarded with Academic Honors from College Board National Recognitions Programs
- Measure I is Making an Impact: New Play Structures Greet Students on the First Day of School
- Community Partner Spotlight: Thank You Friends of the Thousand Oaks Library and DKG for Supporting Our New Teachers!
- Apply Now: Student Internship Opportunity with CVUSD's Communication's Department
- Job Opportunity: Support Pedestrian Safety - Become a Crossing Guard
CVUSD Supports Attendance Awareness Month this September
Holiday Weekend Ahead: CVUSD Schools/Offices Closed Mon. Sept. 4th for Labor Day
Making History: Girls Flag Football is a Touchdown, as Inaugural Seasons Begin!
Congratulations Scholars - Awarded Academic Honors from College Board
Students at Newbury Park High School, Thousand Oaks High School and Westlake High School earned academic honors from the 2023 College Board National Recognition Programs. These programs celebrate students' hard work in high school and showcase their strong academic performance. Our CVUSD awardees received recognition in one or more of the following areas: National African American Recognition Award, National Hispanic Recognition Award and National Indigenous Recognition Award. These awards recognize high-performing students and help them stand out to colleges. Click here to learn more.
Measure I is Making an Impact: New Play Structures Greet Students
Up next? Construction of all new play structures at Glenwood Elementary is underway, and construction of the upper play structure at Acacia Magnet School for Enriched Learning begins at the end of this month!
Click here to learn more about Measure I.
Community Partner Spotlight: Friends of the Thousand Oaks Library and DKG
The CVUSD is proud and grateful to have a community that supports our new teachers! Before the first day of school, our first year CVUSD Induction Teachers were gifted welcome bags and bundles of books to build their classroom libraries from The Delta Kappa Gamma Society International and Friends of the Thousand Oaks Library. Thank you to these two organizations for making a positive impact in our school communities.
Apply Now: Student Internship Opportunity with CVUSD's Communication's Dept.
Job Opportunity: Support Pedestrian Safety - Become a Crossing Guard
Help support pedestrian safety, encourage safe driving, and interact with our community by becoming a Crossing Guard with the City of Thousand Oaks. Starting pay begins at $23.25/hour with shifts available morning and afternoons, up to four hours a day, five days a week throughout Thousand Oaks. Click here to apply today.
To view previous editions of the weekly Communication Snapshot newsletter, please visit: www.conejousd.org/commsnapshots.