What is Identity Theft?
2. Credit and Debit Cards always sign the back of the cards
3. Always cut up credit card offers you are not going to use
4. Keep your usernames and Passwords complex and secure
5. If you get a call from a business always verify the source
6. Do not click on sketchy ads
7. Don't join site with out the Lock in the corner of address bar
8. Make sure its from a secure site before making purchases
9. Don't print social security number on the back of checks
10. Immediately dispute any wrong information
Signs of Identity being stolen
Way you can tell if your identity has been stolen.
- New accounts or charges have been made on your account that you did not have anything to do with
- Being denied credit when you know you had a decent credit score
- Missing bills or mail
- Incorrect information on your credit reports
- And Calls from collection agencies
Who to contact/ What to do if you are a victim of identity theft?
- Act Immediately is one of the most important parts don't wait if your not sure.
- Make sure from now on you are recording everyone you talk to and any emails you send out
- Follow up all your certification
- Contact the major credit bureaus
- Make sure you put fraud alert on your credit cards/ banks
- File a Police report