Egg Harbor Township High School
Week of January 15, 2023
A MESSAGE FROM OUR PRINCIPAL
Although it was a short week, our school was still buzzing with excitement. This week our students participated in exciting and engaging lessons both inside and outside the classroom.
Last week, some of our students participated in the NJ Science League. In this virtual competition, students take Chemistry, Physics and Environmental Science tests and compete against students from Atlantic City, Mainland, and Cedar Creek. We were hoping to get the results in for this week's newsletter, but we will keep you posted on the results once we receive them.
Our Unified Basketball team had a busy week competing against Mainland Regional High School. The games were exciting and the home crowd cheered them on as they made some great plays.
In other sports happenings. Senior DJ Germann scored his 1,000th point Tuesday night in a game against Wildwood Catholic. DJ is a four year varsity starter and now has 1,009 points for his career. DJ is the 5th boys player to eclipse the 1,ooo point mark. Congratulations DJ!
Last night was the high school orchestra's winter concert. If you weren't able to make it, you can see a highlight video below. It was wonderful and just what was needed to brighten the winter lull.
Next week is Spirit Week at the high school. Theme days are as follow;
1/23 Aloha Day
1/24 Career Day
1/25 Wacky Wednesday
1/26 Jersey Day
1/27 School Spirit
Reminder, 1/23-1/26 there will also be abbreviated days for all HIGH SCHOOL students only. Dismissal will be at 11:55am.
Have a wonderful weekend!
1/23-1/26/23 Abbreviated Day (High School Students) 11:55am Dismissal
2/15/23 Abbreviated Day (Students Only) 11:55am Dismissal Professional Development Day
2/16/23 Valentine's Cabaret Fundraiser Trinity Learning Center
2/20/23 SCHOOL CLOSED President's Day
Chinese New Year
Chinese New Year Family Night will take place at Miller School on 1/26/23 @ 6:30pm. Ms. Jinzi Chen, District Bilingual Parent Coordinator for Chinese families, has been hard at work preparing for this exciting event. Parents will attend an educational session in their language to learn more about the district. Families will also celebrate the Lunar New Year with traditional Chinese foods. Child-care will be provided.
The Egg Harbor Township HS Choir under the direction of Mr. Richard Tinsley invite you to join them for an intimate evening of musical enjoyment and dinner. Dinner options include Grilled Teriyaki London Broil, Lemon Chicken, Various sides, and Dessert.
W hen: Thursday, February 16, 2023 6:00pm
W here: Trinity Learning Center, 7004 Ridge Ave, Egg Harbor Township, NJ 08234
C ost: $50 per person
2 0 Solo/Duet performances and a set by the aChoired Harmony/Vocal Ensemble
T his event is a FUNDRAISER. Proceeds from this event will support all competition fees and expenses for the Choral Departments Virginia Competition.
Upstanders of the Week
1st Annual Spirit of MLK Award
Hannah Jakos, of Egg Harbor Township High School, wanted to see the strides in the community over the last three years continue.
PHOTOS: The 1st annual Spirit of MLK Award at Beth Israel in Northfield
Related to this collection NORTHFIELD - Christopher Wright talked about being young leaders. Nasim Adderly talked of continuing the dream. NORTHFIELD - Christopher Wright talked about being young leaders. Nasim Adderly talked of continuing the dream.
The EHTHS Orchestra’s Winter Concert entitled, “Dvorak to Rock” (Duh vor szhack) rocked the auditorium!
The mix of 1800’s and 1980’s was, like, totally enjoyed by everyone!!! Kudos to our awesome students and thank you to our Conductor, Ms. Jenna DiSalvio for an innovative and entertaining program.
Students in the EHTHS Art Club spent time at the Noyes Museum studying and enjoying various 2D and 3D exhibits. Thank you to our advisors,Ms. Powell and Mr. Elia for arranging this cool and worthwhile experience for our students!
All South Jersey High School Band
Congratulations to Michael Hanna, Ariel Beltran, Leah Carroll, Dom Geraci, Adam Donchey, Kyle Quach & Carrie Sutton on their performance at Rowan University with the All South Jersey High School Band! Thanks and kudos also to our director Mr. Wyckoff for helping prepare and sponsoring these students for their successful audition!
EHTHS Indoor Guard
Science League Results
2022-2023 School District Calendar
CLIMATE AND CULTURE
Happy New Year!
Our very own Mrs. Delaney is the NJ Audubon's January Educator Spotlight recipient. Congratulations Mrs. Delaney, and keep up the great work you are doing for not only our students at EHT, but for students all across the state!
The High School will be continuing with this bullying-prevention program for this school year!
#DAY1--a staff and student-led philosophy that will serve to foster a building-wide atmosphere of kindness and inclusion.
This program was started a few years ago in Bergen County by the Tyler Clementi Foundation and has gained momentum throughout the state and country for use in schools, community groups, workplaces, and sports teams.
The premise is simple: the adults in the building make a “declaration statement” about behavior that is expected, as well as behavior that is unacceptable, and we all pledge to conduct ourselves accordingly. This includes seeking help when we witness unacceptable behavior occurring.
This notion is called being an #Upstander
Harry Gessner Memorial Scholarship Application Due 2/6
THE NEST SCHOOL STORE IS ONLINE & OPEN!
Student Assistance Program and Resources
In conjunction with NJ Prevention Network and Tobacco Free NJ, our 10th grade students are receiving this important and informative presentation in their Health classes each year!
Please click on this below for important information from the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA)!
Is your child an athlete?
In an effort to raise information and awareness about the use of opiates and it's potential consequences among athletes, Join Together Atlantic County (JTAC) has developed a series of informational videos for students, parents, educators and coaches. Please click below and take a few moments to review this important information:
Meet Your Student Assistance Counselors
Grades 9 & 10: Mrs. Barnes--click below!
Grades 11 & 12: Ms. DiMattia--click below!
Egg Harbor Township School District Media Specialists Monthly Update - #EHTREADS
EGG HARBOR TOWNSHIP SCHOOL DISTRICT
Elementary Resources, PreK - 5 Two 8th grade students, Roslyn Sanns and Jaidyn Beagan, created this festive tree using library books! Mrs. Lenko added some twinkling lights, but the girls did all of the hard work! Thank you so much for spreading cheer in the library! High School/Eagle Academy
Weekly Message From Our School District
EGG HARBOR TOWNSHIP SCHOOL DISTRICT
It is our collective responsibility to ensure that our students have the resources and support to achieve success both inside and outside of our classrooms. This responsibility is the catalyst to commit ourselves to using student data and ensuring a framework for teaching and learning centered around the Multi-Tiered Systems of Support (MTSS).
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FROM OUR SCHOOL DISTRICT
Need Help With The Parent Portal?
IC PARENT PORTAL ACCOUNT INFORMATION!
What if I forgot my Infinite Campus Parent Portal username and password? If you've forgotten your username or password, it can be reset online. Visit http://mvnt.us/m1189271 to check your account status.
What if I do not have an Infinite Campus Parent Portal account? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the parent/guardian full name, students full name, students school and grade level, students birthdate, home and/or cell number and the parent/guardians email address.
Infinite Campus Self Help Video
Do you need an EHT Parent Portal account?
Do you have access to log-in?
Not sure how to request a Parent Portal account?
Follow the easy steps outlined in this video. Check out this short video to learn how to request an account. https://youtu.be/bL1Qqs8sNm4
SOCIAL EMOTIONAL AND MENTAL HEALTH SUPPORT & RESOURCES
As time passes, it can become difficult staying at home day in and day out. Some days may be easier than others in dealing with this national pandemic amongst other issues. Please know that our guidance counselors, social workers, student assistance counselors, school nurses, and our High School Teen Center serve as available resources daily to assist with any concerns, fears, and/or anxieties. Our district website and school websites provide contact information or call 646-7911 x 1001.
Student resource card (Spanish/English)
ONE STOP SHOPPING FOR EHT ED TECH
MORE SELF HELP VIDEOS...
- USE OF GOOGLE CALENDAR to BOOK APPTS. w/ STAFF: Students can book one-on-one appointments with counselors, CST/YST members, or even their classroom teachers. Here is a brief tutorial on how to book appointments in Google Calendar with staff appointment slots: https://youtu.be/-SJFfya0WGo
- GOOGLE CLASSROOM: VIDEO RESOURCE: Need help joining your Google Classroom? This video explains how to find your EHT School District Google Classroom codes and how to add or "join" an active Google Classroom: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzvUOJKkh3k&feature=youtu.be
- GOOGLE MEET & GOOGLE CLASSROOM: For students looking to join their class for a live Google Meet session, this is a step by step of video of how to lactate and join the Meet from Google Classroom: https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=i6lgBOh1YpU&feature=youtu.be
- ACCESSING STUDENT EMAIL (GRADES 6-12): Egg Harbor Township School District now offers an internal email address for students in grades 6-12. This video will demonstrate how to access student email from the district website: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVutLPNRs9I&feature=youtu.be
- BASIC TROUBLESHOOTING TIPS FOR REMOTE LEARNING: This video offers some basic troubleshooting tips for those using a Chromebook or their own device in the virtual environment: http://mvnt.us/m1154434
- GOOGLE RESOURCES FOR PARENTS AND STUDENTS: Google for Education has a resource for parents/guardians to learn and navigate the Google Tools. Take a look at this pdf and click on the embedded links for tutorials and more: http://mvnt.us/m1112980
- All registrations for EHT Athletic programs must be completed online through the Family ID Program.
- Physical Exams
- All Exams must be submitted digitally though your online registration.
- No hard copies, emails or faxes will be accepted.
- Re-Cert packets and COVID Forms are now part of the registration question/process. No hard copies needed.
- For Help on uploading your exam – Click here
- Registration Dates
- Please review the appropriate registration dates for your interested season found on the registration page. Registration for winter sports will open on September 15, 2022.
- You do not need a physical to register, but must have an exam uploaded seven days prior to your first tryout.