Week at a Glance
Who knew that a red onion could be a cat toy?
Last weekend I was cutting up a red onion when a piece of the onion skin fell on the floor. You should have seen my boys! Before I could even pick up the paper thin skin, my boys pounced on it. What happened from there was hysterical! The skin was so light that when they tried to pounce on it, the "wind" from them pouncing forced the onion skin up in the air before falling back on the ground. Now that really got my boys going . . . new toy! New toy! Every time they tried to "catch" the onion skin it flew up into the air and they missed. They kept chasing that onion skin all over the kitchen floor. I was thinking the whole time about the zillions of cat toys that they have that they don't play with and all I needed to do was throw a piece of red onion on the floor for them. I was also thinking it was a good thing that I hadn't mopped the floor yet! :-) They had such great fun with their new toy, and I got a great laugh from watching them pounce all over the tile floor!
- Josh is at WC
- 7:30 a.m.--no staff collaboration
- 8:00 a.m.--case conference--Deb, Tracey & Karen
- 3:15-3:45 p.m.--case conference--Jackie & Karen
- 3:50-4:30 p.m.--PD session--top-down topic webs
- 7:30 a.m.--RTI meeting
- 2:30 p.m.--Karen & Tammy meet with copy machine rep
- 3:40-4:30 p.m.--Jump Rope for Heart
- 4:30-8:30 p.m.--5th grade band fittings at SSES
- 6:00-7:30 p.m.--volleyball pratice
- 8:30-10:45 a.m.--Digital Learning Day
- 6:00 p.m.---Board meeting at Avilla
- End of nine weeks
- Josh at RC
- Jeans Day!
- 7:30 a.m.--staff social--donuts and juice in MP room
- fire drill in a.m.
- 12:45ish--ice cream sundae party in cafeteria
- 3:40-4:30 p.m.--Music Makers
- 6:00-9:00 p.m.--boys basketball practice
- 4:00 p.m.--5th grade weekly notes due
- PD SESSION: Lots of great ideas were shared this week for two-column notes! It's always great to see how other are implementing new ideas. On Monday we will focus on top-down topic webs, and you'll begin to see how you can use these two strategies to help teach students how to construct summaries.
- SUNDAE PARTY: I will be creating a schedule for classes to come to the cafeteria for the ice cream sundae party. Students and staff will get to create their own sundae using a mix of different toppings. I will have lactose free ice cream for those students who have a sensitivity to milk, and you may want to relay that info to the students who this effects.
- BREAKFAST ON THURSDAY: Please join me this Friday for a light breakfast and juice in the multipurpose room. :-)