Hippenmasse + Plate Painting
By: Ola, Lesly, Evelyn, Allysa
The painting on the plate is to make the meal more neat and appealing.
- Decorating plates with sauce can be an integral part of most any dish.
- It adds flavor, moisture, color, texture and flow.
- Plate painting is using one or more colored sauces used to create a visually appealing pattern or design.
- Sauces used must be thick enough to hold the pattern once it is created.
- Chef's use batter to create intricate designs; they then bake the designs to become rigid.
- They uses a piping bag to create intricate designs
- It is then baked to form crisp, rigid, cookie-like garnishes
- This technique is used to create height & add texture.
Hippen Masse and Wafers
Cooking with Johan - Plate Painting