March 29 - April 3
Report Cards Available Today
STAAR: EOC English 1 and 2 Testing - April 6 & 8, 2021
STAAR EOC English 1 and 2 Testing - April 6 & 8, 2021
If your child is scheduled to take STAAR EOC English 1 or English 2. You will receive additional information via a Google form this week. Please complete the Google Form so that we can be prepared for your child. English 1 will be on Tuesday, April 6th and English 2 will be Thursday, April 8th. Only students who are scheduled to test on those dates will be on campus on those dates, all other students will be in asynchronous learning. Students will report to their assigned testing room no later than the beginning of 1st period (9:00 a.m.) and will remain in their testing room until testing is complete. The State of Texas allows 5 hours for the completion of STAAR EOC English assessments, and we will stop for a 30 break for lunch. So, testing will be complete for the majority of students between approximately 3:00 and 3:30 p.m. Please note that meals and transportation will be available for students on testing days and may be accessed via the Google Form. Please see the Google Form for more information. Students utilizing NISD transportation on testing day will be on campus until 4:30 p.m.
STAAR EOC assessments are REQUIRED for high school graduation.
A student who does not pass or participate may retake the assessment during the next administration to meet graduation requirements (June 22-25, 2021).
There is no state option for taking the STAAR EOC assessment from home, so virtual learners are required to be on campus for testing. Health and safety protocols are in place for staff and students.
Please complete the Google Form by no later than Monday, March 29, 2021.
Data Verfication: Important, Necessary Action Step
Updating your information is critical as we plan the upcoming 2021-2022 school year. Please complete the registration process below using your HAC account.
Go to the NISD Home Access Center (HAC) website https://hac.nisd.net/
Follow the steps below:
If you already have a HAC account:
1) Your LOGIN is the email address used for the Home Access Center.
2) Your PASSWORD is the same HAC password that you have previously used.
3) After logging in, click on the REGISTRATION tab.
4) Click on Update Enrollment tab
5) Click START
6) The first time you log in you will be asked to certify that you are over 13 years old. You will then enter your student’s birthday to validate the registration account.
7) You will be asked if the student is returning to NISD for the 2021-22 school year. If your child will be returning to ANY NISD school next year, select YES. If your child will NOT be returning to ANY NISD school, select NO and follow the question prompt.
8) Click NEXT.
9) Review your child’s data and update any information needed. Click SUBMIT to complete the registration process for your child.
10) If you have multiple students, click on the CHANGE STUDENT icon on the far right of your student’s name in HAC, select another student and follow the same steps above. Review data and complete the registration process for each student.
If you don’t have an account, please create one at the website above and follow the instructions.