2018-2019 Parent Newsletter
November 9, 2018 - Issue #13
- Mrs. Kannmacher
- Mrs. Rowin
- Mrs. Arredondo (200)
- Mrs. Ramsey
- Mrs. Outlaw (100)
- Ms. Voisinet
- Ms. Baker
Our current campus total is 1600.
Grade Level Totals:
1st Grade: 350
2nd Grade: 450
3rd Grade: 150
Back Door Closes at 7:45 am
Thank you so much for your help in keeping our students safe!
Fall Book Fair - November 9th-16th
You can also purchase books online from November 4th-17th.
Holiday Pies for LVES Teachers and Staff
Urban Air Family Night
After some family fun at Urban Air, stop by The Grille for dinner. It's Viking Day so mention that you are there to support LVISD and 20% of your check will be donated to the Lago Vista Education Foundation!
Thanksgiving Lunches - November 15th and 16th
Our annual Thanksgiving lunch will be held on November 15th and 16th.
Here is the schedule and lunch times for both days:
- Thursday, November 15th: PPCD (10:45); Kindergarten (11:00), 2nd (11:40)
- Friday, November 16th: PK (10:45); 1st (11:10) and 3rd (12:00)
Please email Veronica at email@example.com before Thursday, November 15th to have your visitor’s badge pre-printed. All visitors will still need to be buzzed in before entering the main building. Please plan on arriving earlier than your child’s lunch time, as parking is limited and there will be a line at the Raptor computer.
Lost and Found
- Tuesday, November 13th: Christian Culver
- Wednesday, November 14th: Jeff Rosprim
- Thursday, November 15th: Joele Porter
- Friday, November 16th: Bobby Gerace, Isai Arredondo
If you are interested in signing up to be a Watch DOG, please contact Ms. Howard (firstname.lastname@example.org) to check available dates.
Another increase this week, but still didn't quite hit our goal of 97%. Read below to see which grade level had 100% attendance this week, and which one met our attendance goal!
Attendance for the week of 11/8/2018: 95.38%
Grade Level Attendance:
EE: 100% - Awesome job of having perfect attendance!
1st Grade: 94.25%
2nd Grade: 95.71%
3rd Grade: 96.97% - Way to go for meeting our attendance goal!
COLLEGE DAY IS EVERY WEDNESDAY...WEAR YOUR FAVORITE COLLEGE SHIRT!
Character Trait of The Month...
- Do kind and thoughtful things for people in need;
- Put other people's needs before your own;
- Volunteer your time and resources for charity;
- Managing resources so that you can give and share them with those in need.
Students will learn more about this month's character trait in weekly Guidance lessons.
Hello LVES Families! This month during our guidance class lessons, students will be learning about the character trait of Giving. People are giving when they do kind and thoughtful things for others. Children are understanding that people can be giving even without spending money, because giving kindness, compliments, or doing thoughtful things for others can mean so much to people, and make people very happy.
One local church has been very giving, and has collected donations to help our elementary students in need. I will have some gift certificates available for families that need help with purchasing Thanksgiving meals and groceries. If your family could use assistance with this, please let me know. You may call me at (512) 267-8300 ext. 4504, or email me at email@example.com.
Hola familias de LVES! Este mes, durante nuestras clases de orientación, los estudiantes aprenderán sobre el rasgo del carácter de Dar. Las personas dan cuando hacen cosas amables y reflexivas por los demás. Los niños comprenden que las personas pueden dar incluso sin gastar dinero, ya que dar amabilidad, elogios o hacer cosas bien pensadas para los demás puede significar mucho para las personas y hacerlas muy felices.
Una iglesia local ha sido muy generosa y ha recolectado donaciones para ayudar a nuestros alumnos de primaria que lo necesitan. Tendré algunos certificados de regalo disponibles para las familias que necesitan ayuda con la compra de comidas y comestibles de Acción de Gracias. Si su familia podría necesitar ayuda con esto, hágamelo saber. Puede llamarme al (512) 267-8300 ext. 4504, o envíeme un correo electrónico a firstname.lastname@example.org.
LVES Office Hours
Christine Harris, Administrative Assistant
Registration and Attendance:
Veronica Fidencio, Registrar/Attendance Clerk
Student Emotional Support:
Amy Sexton, Counselor
Tara Roberts, School Nurse
Discipline and School Improvement:
Michelle Jackson, Principal
Missy Howard, Assistant Principal
Mark Your Calendars...
- November 14th: Family Night at Urban Air
- November 14th: Viking Day at The Grille
- November 15th: Thanksgiving Lunches for PPCD, Kinder and 2nd Grades
- November 16th: Thanksgiving Lunches for PK, 1st and 3rd Grades
- November 19th-23rd: Thanksgiving Holiday, Student/Staff Holiday
- November 28th: Picture Re-Takes - individual pictures only
- December 5th: PTO Meeting, 5:00 pm
- December 13th: 3rd Grade Field Trip to Nutcracker
- December 19th: Winter Parties - details and times coming soon from teachers/Room Parent
- December 20th - January 7th: Winter Break
- January 8th: School Resumes at 7:45 am