The site was the location of one of Alberta's earliest fur trade posts and missionary centers. The location of the original Fort Dunvegan is also a National Historic Site of Canada. It was built in 1805 by Archibald Norman McLeod. The historic site has a visitor center and some historic buildings
Hudson bay company
A ferry was used to cross the Peace River at Dunvegan as early as 1909 and ended ended in 1960 when the longest spanning bridge in Alberta was built.
this is a picture of the buildings that are still standing from the fur trade
located on the banks of the Peace River just off Highway 2, 90 km north of Grande Prairie Alberta or 26 km south of Fairview, it will be a very memorable place to visit either just for the day, or stay overnight.