May 18, 2018
Need to Know Dates
- Monday, 5/21 - Art Show Begins
- Monday, 5/21 - Hands on CPR - gr.6/7 - 8:30 to 10:30am
- Monday, 5/21 - Hands on CPR - gr. 8 - 12:30 to 2:50pm
- Monday, 5/21 - Art Show Reception - 6pm
- Monday, 5/21 - Select Ensemble Concert - 7pm
- Tuesday, 5/22 - Day in the Life at Hall - Amethyst Team - 8:45 to 11:30am
- Tuesday, 5/22 - Select Students to UCONN Law w/ J. Gusy - 9am to 2pm
- Wednesday, 5/23 - Select Students with Ms. Guo to Queens Library - 7am to 4pm
- Wednesday, 5/23 - QuEST Celebration - 6 to 7:30pm
- Thursday, 5/24 - WEB - 6th grade
- Thursday, 5/24 - Day in the Life at Hall - Emerald Team - 8:45 to 11:30am
- Friday, 5/25 - Day in the Life at Hall - Garnet Team - 8:45 to 11:30am
- Friday, 5/25 - Book Fair Begins
Important 8th Grade End of Year Dates
- Tuesday, 6/12 - 8th Grade Awards Assembly (by invitation) - 7pm - KP Auditorium
- Friday, 6/15 - 8th Grade Dance - 7pm - KP large gymnasium
- Monday, 6/18 - 8th Grade Promotion Ceremony - 5:30pm - Hall HS gymnasium
- Tuesday, 6/19 - 8th Grade Trip to High Meadow - 8:15am to 2:45pm
Staff and Student KUDOS
West Hartford Special Education PTO May 2018 Events
Saturday, May 19 @ 7-9:30pm
“Silent” Spring Fling Dance
The West Hartford Special Education PTO invites you to join us for our Silent Spring Fling at The Underground, located at 740 North Main Street in West Hartford on Saturday, May 19th from 7 to 9:30. Silent Spring Fling is a silent dance party experience designed specifically for individuals with sensory sensitivities.
The DJ will spin a live set of dance favorites through wireless Bluetooth headphones allowing attendees to control their own volume levels.
Students (typical and non-typical) from West Hartford and neighboring towns 10 years of age and older are invited to attend.
All students (typical and non-typical) 10 years of age and older are invited to attend.
Tickets are $5 each for students. Tickets available online now at http://bit.ly/silentspringfling
Parents are strongly encouraged to attend for free and a parent lounge is provided for families to relax and connect with other members of their community during the event.
Special thanks to our sponsors Miracle League of CT, Fischman Orthodontics and Harry’s Bishops Corner for their support.
Celebrate! West Hartford
Our BIGGEST fundraiser of the year is our Refreshment Sale at Celebrate! And we can’t do it without your help!
West Hartford SEPTO (Special Education Parent Teacher Organization) is seeking volunteers to work in two-hour shifts to help sell water and soda at SEPTO’s booth at Celebrate! West Hartford, a two-day event held Saturday, June 9(10am -6pm) or Sunday, June 10 (12-6pm).
If you can’t give your time please consider a donation of money to purchase or buy cases of soda, iced tea, lemonade or water yourself. Please contact Randi Leopold at (860) 874-3533 or via email at Randileopold16@gmail.com to help. You can mail or drop off your donations to Randi Leopold, 54 Bainton Rd. West Hartford, CT 06117.
If you can’t give your time, please consider making a donation to defray our cost of purchasing the refreshments via PayPal. Thank you for your continued support!
There are several events/activities throughout the year. Please choose at least one to get involved.
"Public Act 16-189
We believe that it is vital for all students in West Hartford Public Schools to be able to efficiently and effectively use digital tools that empower them in all phases of the learning process, including research, problem solving, content creation, communication, and collaboration. We also believe that we must be committed at all times to protecting students' privacy and providing them with a powerful and safe educational experience. To that end, the West Hartford Public Schools follow the legal requirements of Public Act 16-189 to promote the safety and security of all students and staff.
In compliance with Connecticut State Law, we update online programs used within the district that house student data. The programs may be used district-wide, in a very small number of classrooms, or with individual students. The list will be updated each time the district enters into a new contract where student data is housed. For more information on the specifics of Public Act 16-189 and updates of vendor agreements, visit www.whps.org/pa189."