Gonzalez Premier Express
Week of November 16, 2015
Your SUPER POWER is to provide effective instruction... Let's continue to
- plan aligned, meaningful activities and stations. For example, the Livebinders resource from Region 11 shared last week has pertinent vocabulary and many more resources that may be used in stations. Please click the website linked here.
- present the lesson to students making sure that you are addressing, What they are learning, Why it is important, What mastery looks like, and How to connect it to prior knowledge and their own lives
- ensure we use the Lesson Cycle and incorporate quality questions, check for understandings, MRSs, and model the expected outcomes.
- implement Guided Reading and small group instruction (math/science) in order to reach students at their own level and move them to the next level.
- Coach Crawford and Mr. Balbuena for your support in building the whole child during after school enrichment activities. Awesome job!!!
- Ms. Kennard for her leadership in coordinating the Veteran's Day Read in.
- Ms. Valencia for being a life-long learner as she attended the GenieCon 2015 - Math and Reasoning Minds conference.
- Ms. Blasingame for being a life-long learner as she attended the Art Conference in Galveston.
- Ms. Shelby for her leadership in coordinating the Coffee with the Principal. We had a great turn out and great feedback from our parents; most of the participants were from the upper grades.
- Ms. Edwards for all her commitment and leadership as she led data meetings and supported with the action plans for the ACPs.
- Anti-Bullying week begins - Shelby (please, see flyer placed in your boxes with a list of activities for the week)
- Last day to submit your vote for the 2016-2017 school calendar
- Report Cards issued
- 3:30 p.m. CILT Meeting
- Cafeteria Audit - Please, follow all recommendations from Ms. Smith and her team
- 6:00 - 7:00 Prep University - Parent Workshop (please, have representation from your grade level)
- Education Support Professionals Day
- Weekly PLC
- November Writing Prompt Due
- National Parent Involvement Day
- Weekly PD
- Math Olympiad- Continue to work and submit your videos; deadline Dec. 4th.
- United Way Campaign
- City Soccer Championship
- Robotics Garage at Gonzalez 10:00 - 1:00
- Chess Tournament @ Hexter
- City Soccer Championship
- Begin Writing Prompt
- 4th Annual Turkey Trot - Crawford (see e-mail sent 11/13)
DEADLINES/EVENTS COMING UP
- Campus Spelling Bee at 1:00 p.m.
- Science Projects Due
- Math Olympiad Registration Deadline - Student teams submit an original video (3-minute max) solving and explaining a given TEKSaligned math problem. Registration must be done by school personnel only at www.tiny.cc/modisd2016
December 10 - 18
- Fall ACP Testing Window
It’s time to sound off on the district’s 2016-2017 calendar
Go here to access the survey and indicate your preferences by Monday, Nov. 16. The survey includes links to download calendar options A and B, which show the layout of the year by month.
Both calendar options propose the start of classes on August 22, provide a full week for Thanksgiving Break for students and staff and schedule Spring Break March 13 to 17.
Some of the variable options include beginning winter break on Dec. 19 versus Dec. 23; scheduling inclement weather make up days in April versus May; and adding early release days to the calendar to provide teachers time to review student performance data and apply the data to their lesson plans.
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! -
We hope that you enjoy your day
Ms. Anguiano - November 28