LIS Update 9/30/2019
LIS October Meeting
- The next LIS Meeting is October 9, 2019, at the Administration Building in the Board room. The meeting is from 8am-3pm. Come early to visit with friends as Tracee Grigsby will be starting the meeting off with our coaching training.
- The snack patrol for the meeting is: Hearne, Heflin, Hicks, Holmquist, Kerr, and Holub .
- I have already enrolled everyone in the meeting in Eduphoria.
Name and Phone Corrections and Updates
- Montserrat Duron has replaced Lesslie Gonzalez as one of the Library aides at Hastings HS.
- Krystal Baines is the new Library aide at Mata IS.
- Correct name of Library aide at Youngblood is: Xavier Ocampo
- Correct phone extension for Agnes Lam (Miller IS Aide) is: 24250
- Correct phone extension for Jacqueline Hunt (Youens ES LIS) is: 23510
Even better, projects $1,000 or less posted during the month of October from schools in the 77411 and 77072 zip code areas, are eligible to be funded by Chevron through the Chevron Fuel Your School Program.
Don't miss out on this opportunity! Also, if your project includes technology, make sure to get approval for the project from the Alief ISD Technology Department prior to submitting with Donor's Choose.
Fall LIS Professional Development
All sessions count for Alief ISD Professional Development credit for the 2019-2020 PD year.
Digital Learning Conference
The Region 4 Digital Learning Conference is scheduled for December 10, 2019 and registration is now open. Learn the latest digital tools and strategies to engage K-12 students. Get empowered with breakout sessions on makerspace, gamification, coding, STEM, Google, computer science and much more! Check this website for more details: https://www.esc4.net/services/digitallearning/dl-conference