The Saints' Sentinel; vol. 7
From the desk of Nicolle Schroeder
Dear parents and WCS friends,
We live in a great community. We are close to a world class hospital, can catch a Brewer game on a whim, and are surrounded by good restaurants and coffee shops. Equally, there are many schools for families to choose from. The sheer fact that you chose Wauwatosa Catholic School sets you apart. You didn't choose Tosa Catholic at the last minute. It's not your default neighborhood school- although it is conveniently located in the heart of the village. No, you took a tour, either recently or a long time ago, and felt the warm, family-oriented, caring culture that makes up all that we do because WCS, in collaboration with parents and guardians, seeks to educate the whole child by providing an excellent education rooted in Gospel values.
Last night around 20 WCS moms got together to chat and connect at a local establishment including moms of new families and moms who hadn't met before. (Strangely, no pictures were provided...?) In no time, everyone was engaged in conversation and having a great time. That's because we share the same values. We truly come in as friends and leave as family.
Thank you for choosing Wauwatosa Catholic School- a thoughtful choice!
Eat corn at Tosa Fest today and tomorrow~
Meet our Announcement Girls!
Check out Mrs. Wolf's Art Newsletter!
Auction Update - Derby Days, April 29, 2023 - Looking for Class Party Hosts
The date for this year's auction is set! We will be holding the auction at the Renaissance Hotel on April 29, 2023 with a Kentucky Derby theme. Break out your best, most creative hats and sip your Mint Julep's - all to support WCS!
We are also looking for families to host class parties this fall. Class Parties are a way for parents to meet, mingle, have fun, and raise awareness for the auction. Parties will be held in the fall. We are combining classes and need hosts for Grades 1-2, 3-4, 5-6, and 7-8. If you want to learn more or are interested in hosting, please contact Jeff Ramsey: (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Thanks for your support!
Last chance to purchase a WCS Spanish t-shirt!
Please submit your t-shirt order by Friday, Sept 16. Remember there are sizes: Youth XS through Adult 2xl so consider buying a shirt for each member of the family. T-shirts will be ready the first part of October. The shirts can be worn on scheduled spirit wear days and other indicated days throughout the year.
Last call for Spirit wear!
Order deadline is Wednesday, September 14.
ORDERS WILL BE DELIVERED TO TOSA CATHOLIC SCHOOL UPON COMPLETION.
A couple of changes to Spirit Wear days-
The bolded dates below are changes.
Dates: 9/9, 10/14, 11/4, 12/2, 1/6, 2/3, 3/17, 4/21, 5/5
The classroom teachers and curriculum instructor have hand-picked items that they believe would support students, keep them engaged, and continue to develop their love for learning.
Mrs. Carey commented, "I am full of gratitude by the generosity of others. Items from my classroom wishlist are showing up at home and at school. Thank you so much for your love and support!"
If you would like to donate an item, please follow the link below.
Join Young Rembrandts!
Plants for sale!
$2.00 for little plants and $5.00 for plants that come in clay pots.
Friday, 9/11- 7th Grade Boys 6 pm at vs.Burlington Catholic
Saturday, 9/10- 7th Grade Girls 9:30 vs. Holy Angels & 10:30 vs St. Sebs at Holy Angels
Friday, 9/16- 7th Grade Boys 8 vs St. Francis & 9 pm vs St Matthew at Christ King
Saturday, 9/17- 5/6th Grade Girls 1:30 at St. Dominics vs. St. Mary/St.Agnes
7th Grade Girls 11:30 vs and at Brookfield Academy
Friday, 9/23- 7th Grade Boys 6 vs St. Monica &7 pm vs. St. John Vianney at St. Monica's
Saturday, 9/24- 5/6th Grade Girls 8:30 vs. St. Gabriel/St. Kilian 9:30 vs. Holy Angels at WC
7th Grade Girls 10:30 at and vs. St. Sebs
Saturday 10/1- 5/6 Grade Girls 12:30 at and vs. St. Mary Menomonee Falls
Friday, 10/7- 7th Grade Boys 7 vs. St. Matthew & 8 pm vs. St. John Vianney at WC
Saturday, 10/8- 5/6th Grade Girls 11:30 vs. St. Frances and 1 vs. St. Dominic at St. Dominic
7th Grade Girls 1 pm @ and vs. Waukesha Catholic
Friday, 10/14- 7th Grade Boys 9 pm vs. St. Dominic/St. Charles at St. Charles
Saturday, 10/15- 5/6th Grade Girls 8:30 vs. St. Joe's at WC
7th Grade Girls 10:30 Vs. Christ King 12:30 vs. Holy Angels at WC
Friday, 10/21- 7th Grade Boys 8 vs. St. Francis & 9 pm vs. Burlington Catholic at CK
Saturday, 10/22- 5/6th Grade Girls 9:30 vs St. Gabriel/St. Kilian 11:30 vs St. Jude at Holy Angels
7th Grade Girls 9:30 at and vs Brookfield Academy
Saturday, 10/29- 5/6th Grade Girls 2 pm at and vs. St. Judes
7th Grade Girls 10:30 at and Vs. Waukesha Catholic
Volleyball volunteers needed!
Volunteering for volleyball can be counted as PIP hours and is a fun way to see our students play.
Middle school students are allowed to volunteer with adult supervision.
The DPI states, "The DPI’s role in providing the following recommendations for the school setting is to provide a balance between science-based mitigation measures and creating an environment conducive to schools operating during a third pandemic year."
- WCS is a mask-optional environment. While masks are not required in school, any individual who wishes to continue to mask will be supported in that choice.
- Anyone experiencing symptoms of illness should stay home from school. If experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, they should also get tested for COVID-19 regardless of vaccination status.
- Staff or students are not allowed to work or study in-person while sick.
- When a student can return to school will depend on the duration of illness, type of symptoms, laboratory testing for COVID-19 or other illnesses, or other medical diagnosis.
- Individuals who test positive for COVID-19 should follow their doctors' orders about when to return to school. The school office cannot provide medical advice about isolation periods, masking, or return dates.
- WCS will neither monitor COVID-19 cases nor send out notifications about individual cases. However, we will notify when clusters of cases or outbreaks occur.
- Those who have been exposed but are asymptomatic can continue to come to school.
Basic Infection Prevention:
- Stay home when you are ill.
- Clean and disinfect classrooms, materials, and surfaces.
- Provide good ventilation and air flow.
- Wash hands and use good cough etiquette (cover coughs).
- Vaccinate against vaccine-preventable illnesses.
• Fever (100.0° Fahrenheit or higher), chills, or shaking chills
• Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
• New loss of taste or smell
• Muscle aches or body aches
• Cough (not due to other known cause, such as chronic cough)
• Sore throat, when in combination with other symptoms
• Nausea, vomiting, when in combination with other symptoms
• Headache, when in combination with other symptoms
• Fatigue, when in combination with other symptoms
• Nasal congestion or runny nose (not due to other known causes, such as allergies), when in combination with other symptoms
It is incredible that we were one of the only schools to retain in-person instruction during the height of COVID. Thank you for continuing to remain flexible and attentive to our staff's and students' needs.
Spirit Wear Day!
Scenes from the day:
Grace and peace
Thank you for following us on social media @wauwatosacatholicschool on Instagram and search for Wauwatosa Catholic School on Facebook. Please share our posts!
If you should have any comments or suggestions, please email me at email@example.com.
Wauwatosa Catholic School
414-258-9977 (ext. 110)