Essential Writing Skills
Thursday 19th March 2015
Write a Headline!
- When writing an essay you want to try and grab a reader's attention. [Like a newspaper headline]
- A government spokesperson today announced that: "UK wide internet access will be disabled from 19.03.15 6:00pm to 19.04.15 6:00am, this is in order to delete pre-existing data which is slowing down internet access for millions of users across the UK"
- CREATE a headline for the statement above.
· Discuss the structure of an essay
· List and recall the features of an essay intended to argue a point
· Analyse the importance of a coherent structure
· Demonstrate understanding of essay structure
· Analyse how to incorporate data and statistics into an essay
· Evaluate the issue of online piracy
In order to pass the assignment your essay will need to contain.
· A clear Introduction
· A clear Concluding summary paragraph
· Complete sentences and paragraphs
· Correct use of spelling and grammar
· Appropriate academic writing
· Correct written communication to aid reader understanding
· Appropriate linking words and phrases
· Correct grammatical tenses
· Appropriate vocabulary
Why am I using SMORE?