SFSS Family Newsletter
Friday May 5, 2023
May Crowning and Teacher Appreciation Week
Students have been preparing paper flowers, practicing Marian hymns, preparing the crowing court, and will be the living rosary for this event. It is truly a beautiful celebration.
We need some live flower donations also for the event. These should be sent to school Friday morning.
We hope everyone can make it.
This week, we also celebrate our teachers who everyday go above and beyond to support and educate our children in many ways. As you may have noticed, we have been featuring a different teacher every couple of days on our Facebook page. Like and share these posts to spread the good news of SFSSS.
Each day the PTO has something special planned for the teachers. We thank the PTO for all that they do to make SFSSS fun!
Last Call to Apply for Financial Aid
When you enroll, you will be prompted to set up your tuition agreement. When you do this, you will be prompted to apply for financial aid. There is a $40 non-refunded fee for your application.
Memorial Day Parades
- Geneva's is Monday, May 29th starting at 10 am. Those marching in the parade will arrive at the Geneva Rec Center on South Exchange St at 9 am to line up.
- Waterloo is Saturday, May 27th (More details to follow.)
Students can ride their bike, scooter, or be pulled in a wagon decorated in red, white, and blue. Or just walk the route. We will wear our SFSS Spirit Shirts. We will toss out candy in small bags with our school information on it and hand out to adults bottles of water with our school information on them.
- students and families interested in walking/riding in the parade. (You can walk in just one or both.)
- donations of candy to put in our labeled bags. It's a good time to rid your house of individually wrapped Easter candy. :)
- donations of bottles of water.
Sonny Tripoli (12 pm Mass at St. Francis on May 14th)
These students are making their first communion this Sunday at 1 pm at St. Stephen Church.
All are welcome to attend the communion.
Remember: America Reads has ended for the year. Please let the office and homeroom teachers know of the new dismissal plans.
- If you have a business willing to sponsor, please send in those forms as soon as possible.
- This week the committee will be sending home super raffle tickets for each family. There will be a letter outlining all you need to know.
- We still need helpers for set up and tear down. See the information below.
Any questions? Please contact Bill Greco.