Ms. Williams' Class October 24, 2013
This week we are learning the pink song and how to spell the word pink. The children read and illustrated Fall Colors during reading time.
During writing time, the children started writing and illustrating their own books. They chose to write about something that they are interested in...students are writing and illustrating books about dragons, dinosaurs, flowers, race cars and dogs, just to name a few!
The students enjoy listening to stories at the listening center and on the computer during literacy time! This is a fun was to build interest in books, learn expression when reading aloud and story retelling. Here is a link to a great online story site.
Upcoming Events and Reminders
- Next week the color is black. Remember to send in color projects any time during the week and to wear black on Friday, October 25th.
- TONIGHT: October 25th-Harvest Festival 5:00-8:00
- October 26th-Stew and Brew at Star Hill
- October 28th-No school for students/Teacher workday
- October 28th-30th-Parent teacher conferences
- November 4th and 5th-No school for students/Professional Development Day
Please remember to check you child's homework/notes folder daily
Please remember to send in a healthy snack each day with your child.
Once assessments are complete we will start weekly homework again.