We learned about our families!
November 15, 2013
Look at what we did!
- In literacy, we discovered that we can use our Reading Powers when we get to a new word. We look at the pictures and think about the story. Then we look at the words again, paying close attention to the first sound of the unknown word. We go back to the beginning of the sentence and when we get to the unknown word, we try it!
- In word work, we began to practice how to read and write our sight words and then use them in sentences.
- In writing, we learned how we can stretch one small moment into 2 parts.
- In math, we compared numbers to each other, to 5 and to 10 using the words "greater", "less", and "fewer". We also practiced finding how many more or how many less a number was compared to another.
Don't forget to work on your family project!! Presentations begin on Monday!
I, can, see, a, me, the, to, go, my, like
Donors Choose at MES
Scrips at Whole Foods
The PTA has a new, easy fund raising project. We will now take orders for scrips from Whole Foods Grocery Store. McDougle earns 5% of the total amount purchased.
The way it works is this: Flyers go home once a month and families may sign up for the amount they want to purchase. Orders will be returned via the classroom and then given to our PTA treasurer who will place and pick up the order. Once the scrips are in hand they will be placed in envelopes with families' names on the front and given to teachers to send home or families may pick them up in the foyer of the school.
If you shop at Whole Foods or know of anyone who does this is an easy way for our school to make money! If you have any questions, please contact Rena Norwood at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming Events & Other Information
- Week of Nov 18-22 - Fall Book Fair.
- Wed, Nov 20 at 6:30pm - Milk and Cookies plus a story from MES teachers!
- Wed, Nov 27 thru Fri, Nov 29 - No School for Thanksgiving Holiday
- Winter Holiday Family Event - more info coming soon!
- We will learn about our Reading Powers that help us figure out new words.
- We will continue working stretching our stories into more than one part.
- We will start our unit on numbers 11-20.